Options for a new GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
1967 250SE, 2022 GLC250, 2006 SL500, 2023 EQB300, 2018 AMG GT
Options for a new GT

Hello,
I intend to purchase an AMG GT in the next couple of months. I have a few questions that so far the dealer was not able to answer. As I tested an AMG GTC I realized that it doesn't have the suspension button. I thought that the suspension selection is standard on all models. Is there a particular option that must be purchased to get this selector?
This summer in Affalterbach I have seen a big room full of leather and trim color choices. The MB website offers a very limited number of choices. Is there a way to get more of those choices without going to Germany?

Thank you.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by gafitanu
Hello,
I intend to purchase an AMG GT in the next couple of months. I have a few questions that so far the dealer was not able to answer. As I tested an AMG GTC I realized that it doesn't have the suspension button. I thought that the suspension selection is standard on all models. Is there a particular option that must be purchased to get this selector?
This summer in Affalterbach I have seen a big room full of leather and trim color choices. The MB website offers a very limited number of choices. Is there a way to get more of those choices without going to Germany?

Thank you.
The rotory dial that shows comfort, sport, sport plus, and race changes the suspension, map and other settings all at once.

You also have the option of controlling the suspension setting separately by creating an individual setting. You create an individual setting through the command interface.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
GT3
Yeah, all the additional leather and color options you see in the showroom in Germany are available everywhere. You gotta request those secret options through your dealer. I didn't know this before I ordered my car. If I had, I would have spec'd my GTR with the matte black/graphite color. I thought that was only available on the Edition 50. But you can definitely get it on other cars. Your dealer might not want to play along. But it's possible to do it.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Hello,

Thank you.
I have a suspension button with 3 adjustable settings on the left bank of buttons by the gear selector on my 18 GTS.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 678 Likes on 360 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Originally Posted by surfah
I have a suspension button with 3 adjustable settings on the left bank of buttons by the gear selector on my 18 GTS.
I do too on my GT but my Monroney sticker reflects a $1,500 charge for AMG Adaptive Suspension. Perhaps it is an option everyone should have, but it does appear to be an option at least on the GT.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Its definitely an option on the GT:

The following users liked this post:
California John (12-22-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah, all the additional leather and color options you see in the showroom in Germany are available everywhere. You gotta request those secret options through your dealer. I didn't know this before I ordered my car. If I had, I would have spec'd my GTR with the matte black/graphite color. I thought that was only available on the Edition 50. But you can definitely get it on other cars. Your dealer might not want to play along. But it's possible to do it.
‘If your order hasn’t locked yet surely you can change the colour?

Bish
Old 12-21-2017, 03:42 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by thebishman

‘If your order hasn’t locked yet surely you can change the colour?

Bish
It's already locked as far as I know.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuScott
I do too on my GT but my Monroney sticker reflects a $1,500 charge for AMG Adaptive Suspension. Perhaps it is an option everyone should have, but it does appear to be an option at least on the GT.
You are correct and it's listed as a standard feature AMG Adaptive Sport Suspension on my window sticker. How important an option it is depends on the car's use, I assume for tracking it's a key feature.

I usually have mine in Comfort setting as I daily my GTS and although somewhat "floaty" it absorbs potholes and rough roads like a champ. On the highway I like the first Sport suspension setting. Even in Sport setting it's quite compliant.

My favorite setting for my 458 Spider was Race transmission mode with Bumpy Road setting. Having this option for duality between transmission and suspension is a great feature to have and one I enjoy on my GTS as well.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Vic55
Its definitely an option on the GT:

Yes, AMG Ride Control Suspension is optional on the GT and I do have the option. I am pretty sure I have those buttons too. I just forgot about them because I never use those buttons. I set up my individual setting to combine Sport + Engine/Trans with Comfort Suspension. I only se the rotary dial now. My bad.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Ive been in that room, its in that warehouse looking building right? On the Affalterbach campus (kinda behind the random aquarium builders there lol) small room off the left filled with samples and leathers etc... it will significantly delay your car unfortunately
Old 12-21-2017, 04:58 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Ive been in that room, its in that warehouse looking building right? On the Affalterbach campus (kinda behind the random aquarium builders there lol) small room off the left filled with samples and leathers etc... it will significantly delay your car unfortunately
But it is possible? Like you can order a GTR here in the USA in matte black or matte graphite or whatever? I've seen photos of them in Europe at least.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 704 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
But it is possible? Like you can order a GTR here in the USA in matte black or matte graphite or whatever? I've seen photos of them in Europe at least.
yes it’s Night Black Magno. Special order though and will take time, ehmm, longer than most GTRs.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Do you expect moving forward that Mercedes will offer a more unique, individualistic experience for custom AMG orders such as the Tailor Made program with Ferrari or Ad Personam with Lamborghini?

Seems like many patrons with deep pockets like to make their custom orders "one of a kind" even with plaid seats or blue jeans upholstery.

The flip side would be additional build time and limited resources to accomodate all these individual orders.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
1967 250SE, 2022 GLC250, 2006 SL500, 2023 EQB300, 2018 AMG GT
Thank you all for the help, it is getting me closer to decision.
To Shahul, yes it is that rather small secret room. I guess that MBUSA to simplify ordering and keep low prices selected only 1/2 dozen options according to the MBUSA rep wife's taste. I have seen there hundreds of beautiful combinations. Also I would like to know if there are other seat options. The GTC seat that I tried felt really tight (I have a fat ***), my SL seat is really comfortable. I would also prefer a wood-leather combination on the steering wheel. I guess the issue is finding the 3 digit code for all options to feed it to the dealer. So I need to find the email of the guy from that room in Affalterbach. I am also with the majority of opinions here that a softer highway suspension is preferred.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 208 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Hmm, it would have been fun to change the color combo on the rather bland GTR interior selection. I was aware you could special order interiors similar to BMW's Individual program but I thought this was not possible on the GTR. I pretty much had a 1 of 1 M5.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:54 PM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Don't forget the AMG Switchable Exhaust
Old 12-23-2017, 07:48 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
S63 , AMG GTC '18
I would also prefer a wood-leather combination on the steering wheel. I guess the issue is finding the 3 digit code for all options to feed it to the dealer. So I need to find the email of the guy from that room in Affalterbach. I am also with the majority of opinions here that a softer highway suspension is preferred.
Sounds like you should be looking at the S-class and not the GT. Wood combination? Large seats? Softer suspension? Check the S63 or S65, the AMG GT just isn't for you.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
300sl roadster
I now have my GTC roadster...I was very interested in different paint colors that were not shown on an option list... early on, I was on the german configurator and when the usa system came up I looked to see if there were any differences in options... It was obvious that the GTC had almost all the options that were available for the GT.... I had seen Alubeam paint on a new MB at the dealership while waiting conformation of my car and requested a the paint color.. I acknowledged the cost and time issues but was turned down repeatedly... I also asked about a few minor interior changes and those questions were also ignored... Now there may be the ability to go to Affalterbach and chose different materials (didn't know this or was it ever mentioned).. another thread referenced Ferrari's TailorMade program. I have been there and without question, there are choices available in Maranello that simply are not here on the US configurator... I really hope that MB opens up different paint and interior options... When one is paying this level of monies for a car and the manufacture has all the capabilities, you should have options to explore....
Old 12-24-2017, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 359 Likes on 205 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by SLcruzen
I now have my GTC roadster...I was very interested in different paint colors that were not shown on an option list... early on, I was on the german configurator and when the usa system came up I looked to see if there were any differences in options... It was obvious that the GTC had almost all the options that were available for the GT.... I had seen Alubeam paint on a new MB at the dealership while waiting conformation of my car and requested a the paint color.. I acknowledged the cost and time issues but was turned down repeatedly... I also asked about a few minor interior changes and those questions were also ignored... Now there may be the ability to go to Affalterbach and chose different materials (didn't know this or was it ever mentioned).. another thread referenced Ferrari's TailorMade program. I have been there and without question, there are choices available in Maranello that simply are not here on the US configurator... I really hope that MB opens up different paint and interior options... When one is paying this level of monies for a car and the manufacture has all the capabilities, you should have options to explore....
Let's see some photos and driving impressions!
Old 12-24-2017, 12:03 PM

Agree with you at this price point.

Originally Posted by SLcruzen
Old 12-24-2017, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Hmm, it would have been fun to change the color combo on the rather bland GTR interior selection. I was aware you could special order interiors similar to BMW's Individual program but I thought this was not possible on the GTR. I pretty much had a 1 of 1 M5.
”rather bland GTR interior” is not really something I think could be said of most of the ordered US GT Rs, as most seem to have either the yellow stitching/belts; (which mine does and when combined with the matte CF looks awesome IMHO), or the silver version. Plus it’s a very ‘sporty’ look which is what I think is most appropriate given it’s a car designed to tear up a road course instead of a mall parking lot.

Bish

Old 12-24-2017, 03:01 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by thebishman

”rather bland GTR interior” is not really something I think could be said of most of the ordered US GT Rs, as most seem to have either the yellow stitching/belts; (which mine does and when combined with the matte CF looks awesome IMHO), or the silver version. Plus it’s a very ‘sporty’ look which is what I think is most appropriate given it’s a car designed to tear up a road course instead of a mall parking lot.

Bish

Yeah, I think the GTR interior is gorgeous. But I do wish there were more customizable options. I don't like the piano black stuff. I'd want it to be all carbon fiber. And I'd love if you could choose the actual color of the stitching instead of just yellow or silver. But it is a great interior, for sure.

Last edited by FourT6and2; 12-24-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:33 PM

Matte CF trim and crossbar are my favorite things about my interior.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:46 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
GT does not have race mode or race launch mode and mechanical diff, that's the major differences. Everything else is an option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Options for a new GT