GTR OWNERS - - A QUESTION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
GTR OWNERS - - A QUESTION

Did your GTR come with a tire lug wrench, the collapsable tire block and wheel alignment tool?

There are empty spots for them in the cargo side storage panel and the compressor, air bottle and First Aid Kit are there but the tools aren’t. I was thinking since there is no spare then no tools are supplied.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by JSwan724

Did your GTR come with a tire lug wrench, the collapsable tire block and wheel alignment tool?

There are empty spots for them in the cargo side storage panel and the compressor, air bottle and First Aid Kit are there but the tools aren’t. I was thinking since there is no spare then no tools are supplied.

Jerry I just looked. The only tool included with mine is the towing hook.

BTW if you intend to remove/replace the wheels yourself at times, buy the lug nut extension tools from Fred at ‘reverse logic’. Fantastic quality and will protect the CCM rotors from damage as you do not want to chip them when sliding the wheels on/off the car. I have three being delivered today.

Bish
Old 01-19-2018, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by thebishman

Jerry I just looked. The only tool included with mine is the towing hook.

BTW if you intend to remove/replace the wheels yourself at times, buy the lug nut extension tools from Fred at ‘reverse logic’. Fantastic quality and will protect the CCM rotors from damage as you do not want to chip them when sliding the wheels on/off the car. I have three being delivered today.

Bish

MANY THANKS!! I’ll have to look into those tools. Where is the Link?

I wish MB would have a check list of the items that are included with the car. We just discussed two items here.

BTW: Where is your owners manuel stored? Mine was on the seat when I got the car but it won’t fit in the traditional glove box or the center console.

OTHER STUFF

How much distance did you set on the DISTRONIC PLUS option? Mine is at 100ft.

Last edited by JSwan724; 01-19-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60

MANY THANKS!! I’ll have to look into those tools.

I wish MB would have a check list of the items that are included with the car. We just discussed two items here.

BTW: Where is your owners manuel stored? Mine was on the seat when I got the car but it won’t fit in the traditional glove box or the center console.

OTHER STUFF

Jerry, I agree that I wish there was a dedicated list re: supplied items with each iteration of the GT models.

Manual: paper version is at home; I have the electronic version along with the ‘Command’ manual within the ‘Me’ app,on my phone.

Distronic Plus: I vary the settings based on traffic density. I ‘think’ the settings actually effect the time between vehicles versus true distance, but regardless I think mine is set close to yours.

Bish

The following users liked this post:
JSwan724 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Collision Avoidance Braking - - I am thinking about the options on the feature.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 339 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63

MANY THANKS!! I’ll have to look into those tools. Where is the Link?

OTHER STUFF

BTW, I have a GTC and I store my manual in the little net on the wall in back of my seat. Don't know if a net is there on the GTR.
The following users liked this post:
JSwan724 (01-19-2018)