Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT
Wheels for Summer Setup vs. Winter Setup

Build exterior

Build interior

OEM Wheels

Zito ZF03 Wheels

AMG center hubs
I have a AMG GT Coupe that should arrive any day now (see photos from MB website build). I live in the Chicago area and plan to drive year round, so I plan to have a separate set of winter tires/wheels. I originally planned to have the OEM wheels for the summer setup (see photo) and Zito ZF03 wheels for the winter setup (see photo). My dealer agrees, but the aftermarket wheel guys think the Zitos should be summer setup, OEM should be winter setup. What do you think or does it not matter? Perhaps I am thinking too much while I wait the car to arrive. In both cases, I am getting AMG center hubs
Old 03-16-2018, 12:06 AM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT
Disregard this post. I have 100% decided to keep the OEM wheels as my summer setup, Zito as my winter setup. There is much more wear and tear in the winter and the OEM wheels are worth much more than the Zito wheels regardless of the look. Case closed.

My car arrive today (it still needs to be prepped, detailed and film protected) and I actually saw the OEM wheels and I really like them too anyway.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (03-16-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 01:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG
bump

Last edited by gstatus929; 10-17-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213
I ended up going with the MB alloys and Pirelli package:
https://app.tirelocator.ca/national/...trim/E43%20AMG

On a related note, my TPMS light is on (just a matter of resetting through the dash, all sensors are working) and for the first time since the installation I put the car in cruise control and enabled the active lane assist and nothing was happening, the system was not working. Could this be because I went from the OEM 20" to 19" and the computer needs to be recalibrated? Or is it because the TPMS light is on? Or is the issue totally unrelated? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2018, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by M1554
I ended up going with the MB alloys and Pirelli package:
https://app.tirelocator.ca/national/...trim/E43%20AMG

On a related note, my TPMS light is on (just a matter of resetting through the dash, all sensors are working) and for the first time since the installation I put the car in cruise control and enabled the active lane assist and nothing was happening, the system was not working. Could this be because I went from the OEM 20" to 19" and the computer needs to be recalibrated? Or is it because the TPMS light is on? Or is the issue totally unrelated? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
When I replace my OEM wheels with my track wheels, it can sometimes take 15-25 miles for the TPMS system to detect and ‘synch’ with the new sensors. Then the TPMS light obviously goes away. I suspect your issue with the drive assist features is because the TPMS ‘failure’ is still showing. Drive more and get it to initialize, then I hope you’ll be good to go.

Bish
The following users liked this post:
M1554 (11-17-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213
Originally Posted by thebishman

When I replace my OEM wheels with my track wheels, it can sometimes take 15-25 miles for the TPMS system to detect and ‘synch’ with the new sensors. Then the TPMS light obviously goes away. I suspect your issue with the drive assist features is because the TPMS ‘failure’ is still showing. Drive more and get it to initialize, then I hope you’ll be good to go.

Bish
Much appreciated.

Edit: It was indeed the TPMS light that disabled the active lane assist feature. Once it was reset, everything went back to normal.

Last edited by M1554; 11-18-2018 at 01:24 PM.