Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG GT* - Sweet Lies

Old 03-15-2018, 09:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
AMG GT* - Sweet Lies

So now that the *43 is complimented by the *53 and *63, next to be diluted is the GT* model series. The product dilution and ***ring of the brand AMG is going head strong south.

LINK:
AMG Sweet Lies

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 03-15-2018, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by amgfan1
So now that the *43 is complimented by the *53 and *63, next to be diluted is the GT* model series. The product dilution and ***ring of the brand AMG is going head strong south.

LINK:
AMG Sweet Lies

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Florence dear, you awkward boy, your missing the point again.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 PM

C63 Edition-507
How are you Dick? Are you feeling good about your GT? Well it is a stripper that you do not track so there is really no value in it.

Geez your english is so poor. Check your grammar before you post. As a court stenographer I would expect you to write better.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Florence dear, you awkward boy, your missing the point again.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Just another four door sedan to me. Sad to see that they had to put the GT tag on this car. Then they add the 53 model to the GT lineup.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 PM

C63 Edition-507
I agree. It is so pathetic the Mercedes Benz AMG have lost focus on the value and prestige of the brand AMG.

They Mercedes Benz AMG top management is really concerned about one thing, more sales=more profit.

It is very much different with PORSCHE. The GT cars of PORSCHE are very desirable, very durable at the track, and very reliable on street use. Just look at the very high demand on PORSCHE GT cars, all current models going way over MSRP on the secondary market.

"Porsche, there is no substitute."

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by Td33
Just another four door sedan to me. Sad to see that they had to put the GT tag on this car. Then they add the 53 model to the GT lineup.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Talking

Originally Posted by amgfan1
How are you Dick? Are you feeling good about your GT? Well it is a stripper that you do not track so there is really no value in it.

Geez your english is so poor. Check your grammar before you post. As a court stenographer I would expect you to write better.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Glad you asked Florence. Yes I’m loving my 600hp/tq GT. just the other day, I smoked a white GT3. He was screaming around trying to find the right gear poor guy, alot like you trying to find traction.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 03-15-2018 at 11:12 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by AMG 17GT:
AMGBEASTMODE (03-17-2018), emericr (03-19-2018), JSwan724 (03-16-2018), ronin amg (03-17-2018), TriggrPullrUSMC (10-12-2021)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:47 AM

C63 Edition-507
That's one thing I like with you Dick, you like to BS and dream wide awake.

You have a base and stripped AMG GT. Who buys a base and stripped AMG GT anyways and not track it. Only WANNABES like you do with a big mouth.

You too are like AMG top management. You must be smoking something, like you talk by the side of your mouth.

As they say in Texas, you are a Big Hat, No Cattle.

Here watch this video and this is the new GT3 991.2 which edges the current powerhouse AMG GT-R which you couldn't afford to buy, that's why you bought a stripped down base AMG GT. LOL.

Have nice evening Dick.

LINK:

Nice Effort AMG GT-R

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Glad you asked Florence. Yes I’m loving my 600hp/tq GT. just the other day, I smoked a white GT3. He was screaming around trying to find the right gear poor guy, alot like you trying to find traction.

Last edited by amgfan1; 03-16-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
SLS AMG BS, G63, GT-R and others.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
I really hope a moderator checks this and places him in ‘time out’ where children need to be at times.

if you don’t like a specific car, why even bother to take the time to post? Nothing else better to do FFS?

Bish
The following 2 users liked this post by thebishman:
saturn082 (03-16-2018), TriggrPullrUSMC (10-12-2021)
Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Bish:

It’s WAY PAST time to permanently VOTE HIM OFF OF THE ISLAND!

He has NO Mercedes products and is constantly antagonizing the other members here AND on the PL where he just caused a major conflict.

That’s his objective.

The following users liked this post:
thebishman (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Coupe
"AMG brand is dilluted! - Posted from behind the wheel of my 718 911 Panamera T Carrera Sport GTS Turismo"
The following users liked this post:
TriggrPullrUSMC (06-03-2021)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:15 PM

C63 Edition-507
Actually if you come to think of it, I am protecting you guys who bought these expensive GT cars.

If you guys pay attention to the article. It did NOT critique the car. It DID critique and question the AMG management how they "Dilute" and in a way deceive AMG customers made to believe what they bought is a unique model by slapping these AMG tags on practically the same car.

I still like Mercedes Benz cars in general. They are great street cars and will leave it at that.

So save your angst on the AMG management. Please don't shoot the messenger. Deal with the message.

Have a great days Boyz and Galz.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by thebishman
I really hope a moderator checks this and places him in ‘time out’ where children need to be at times.

if you don’t like a specific car, why even bother to take the time to post? Nothing else better to do FFS?

Bish
Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM

I’m so confused. What were you messengering?

And where on MBUSA.com can I find this non AMG GT? Or are you suggesting anything below a GT-R shouldn’t have the AMG moniker? Help a public school educated fellow will ya?

Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM

C63 Edition-507
Nah, you are just sour grapes Jake. I still like my Edition-507, pictured right next to the 991.1 GT3RS.

Read the article I posted. Then understand I did NOT critique the car and instead critiqued the AMG management who dilutes the AMG brand, and currently the GT* model.

2014 Edition-507

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by JSwan724
Bish:

It’s WAY PAST time to permanently VOTE HIM OFF OF THE ISLAND!

He has NO Mercedes products and is constantly antagonizing the other members here AND on the PL where he just caused a major conflict.

That’s his objective.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Its ok to inform and discuss, even argue but keep it civil in regards to personal attacks.

If we banned everyone that posted things we didnt like, we would not have the dialogues that we do. Just dont violate the terms of use here and keep things relevant.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Vic55
Its ok to inform and discuss, even argue but keep it civil in regards to personal attacks.

If we banned everyone that posted things we didnt like, we would not have the dialogues that we do. Just dont violate the terms of use here and keep things relevant.

I don’t mind one bit posts that I don’t like Vic. But where I draw the line is when someone deliberately trolls a forum of owners of a particular type of car, constantly trying to tell us what idiots we are for having wasted our money. And that’s what is continuously going on with this individual. There’s never one thing positive, just subtle and non-so-subtle digs about AMG’s ‘Sport cars’ versus Porsches.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by thebishman

I don’t mind one bit posts that I don’t like Vic. But where I draw the line is when someone deliberately trolls a forum of owners of a particular type of car, constantly trying to tell us what idiots we are for having wasted our money. And that’s what is continuously going on with this individual. There’s never one thing positive, just subtle and non-so-subtle digs about AMG’s ‘Sport cars’ versus Porsches.
Florence is special Bish. And once a month he gets, well bloody hot and needs to vent. ....
The following 3 users liked this post by AMG 17GT:
JSwan724 (03-16-2018), ronin amg (03-17-2018), TriggrPullrUSMC (10-12-2021)
Old 03-16-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i

Speaking as a GT3 owner, nothing the Troll posts is either informative or useful for discussion. Instead, the Troll takes pleasure in posting inflammatory B.S. for no purpose but to provoke a subsequent inflammatory response which leads to useless threads such as this. Why not ban him and send the Troll back to Rennlist where he can commiserate with like-minded nuthuggers?
The following 4 users liked this post by surfah:
JSwan724 (03-16-2018), ronin amg (03-17-2018), saturn082 (03-17-2018), thebishman (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 04:33 PM

C63 Edition-507
Thank you Mr. Moderator/MBWorld Admin.

It is a legitimate article made and written by a journalist. This is a forum where we can learn, share, or even get entertained.

If I was an AMG GT* owner which I am not. This article would get me upset if I were an AMG GT owner as I would NOT expect to have a "Four Door" GT car.

Here is what I posted at AMG PL for those who are irate that I posted this article.

I hope you guys got the message. It is NOT bashing the AMG GT car. When you guys read, please understand the message. The article was a "critique" of how AMG management capitalizes on the AMG brand. More sales=more profit.

I will leave it at that. Have a great and safe weekend Boyz and Galz.

Let me go to my warehouse and smell my PORSCHES.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Hmmmm............. we had the *63, then were done with the *43, then we have incoming the *53.

Now it is the turn of the GT* cars.

So after reading this interesting article, what is the difference then between an AMG CLS and an AMG GT4 ? Both are AMG, both are considered four-door coupe to compete against the likes of AUDI RS6 and the PORSCHE PANAMERA SPORT TOURISMO.

Isn't this clearly a case of "Badging Business" ?

Maybe in a way AMG simply wants variety on their AMG line up.
But if I am an AMG GT* owner, it would upset me that there is such a thing as "Four-Door" AMG GT ?

For AUDI there is clearly a difference between the S-Series and their RS-Series (e.g., S6, RS6). The AUDI S-Series is their "Middle of the Road" car. The RS-Series by AUDI is their power house top of the line kick butt car.

For PORSCHE, they have the PANAMERA, which is an entirely different model altogether exclusive to their "Four-Door" sedan cars. At least they haven't made a "Two-Door" PANAMERA.
The true GT cars by PORSCHE are only four cars namely GT3, GT3RS, GT2, and the reigning "King of Nurburgring", the GT2RS.

Then we now have the AMG GT4 alongside the AMG CLS.

So is that a clone of each other then? I thought the GT4 is the AMG track car?

Enjoy your weekend AMG fans. Let me go back to my warehouse and smell my PORSCHES. It is beautiful here in Illinois, sunny and not too cold.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Old 03-16-2018, 04:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
W211 E63
Internet-ting 101

The following 3 users liked this post by R6slayer:
JSwan724 (04-24-2018), ronin amg (03-17-2018), TriggrPullrUSMC (10-12-2021)
Old 03-17-2018, 10:18 AM

C63 Edition-507
Good morning Gang,

Hope all is well. Ohhhhh........ Lots of Butt-Hurt GT* owners here. Please do not shoot the messenger. Deal with the message.

Don't let AMG management make tools out of yourselves. Instead use these articles and write new threads how you, high end buyers of AMG should be respected for the hard earned money you spend and gave to Mercedes Benz AMG. Yeah AMG needs sales to expand on research and development but AMG need not SELL its soul if it has any left.

Create an owners group and see if you guys can create a meeting with AMG management and state your sentiments and concerns about degrading quality and non-stop dilution of the brand by creating newer models of the same thing.

Maybe all of you are rich people you do not care when you resell your cars. Depreciation really hurts and that is the reality with AMG cars especially when warranty runs out. Drops like a ship anchor Ouch!

Depreciation is caused by three common reasons:
1.) Reliability and dependability - As of late how many AMG models do we read in this forum having issues across the board on AMG models. I do not see any models specifically the newer models being released as problem free. When reliability and dependability is in question, that diminishes the "Desirability" of the brand and model.
2.) Dilution of the brand - Many are all in if they created an entry level, middle of the road, and a kick butt all out performance model. Look at the business model of AUDI. A-Series (entry level), S-Series (middle of the road), and kick-butt car RS-Series. Right now there is the Mercedes Benz products, then the AMG model line up. But within the AMG lineup, there is the half a$$ AMG and the full blown hand made AMG. So what is the differentiation? They all look alike. Hmmmm..........until you drive one.
3.) Demand versus supply - AMG will produce as many as they can as AMG management is concerned about sales =profits. We understand companies need to make money but you need to preserve the integrity of the brand and not sell out the soul (if there is any left) of the product. Thus articles like what I posted here matters if you really care about your cars image, prestige, and exclusivity. If every Jack and Jill have the same cars you have, you're better off buying, (with all due respect) Honda or a Toyota.

It is your money and you need to protect the value of your investment. I know, I do with my remaining Edition-507. Yah, yah, yah, many would say you don't care about resale of your car. Are you kidding me?Be real.

Good luck on your toyz, boyz and galz.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 03-17-2018, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
This is a funny thread. I traded in my 991 GT3 for a Turbo S and then traded it in for a AMG e63s wagon because the wagon if faster and handles as good if not better in the canyons.
My sports car is a 2016 AMG GTS fully loaded and I would not even consider another Porsche as a sports car again.

Hey, trolls gotta eat too..
Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 AM

C63 Edition-507
I'm glad you are happy with your "Shooting Brake." Enjoy your AMG.

I am not a troll but merely looking after these tools who own these high end GT* cars only to be tooled by AMG management by pulling the wool over their eyes. These guys instead of writing to AMG management willfully hand over their money and let AMG management use and abuse them.

Really? You wouldn't buy another PORSCHE "Sports Car" again? Or is that because the high desirability factor of all PORSCHE GT car eliminates you from acquiring one? Well, I can't blame you dude. These PORSCHE GT cars are all demanding Adjusted Dealer Markup (ADM) both in new and secondary market.

This is unprecedented for any car manufacturer. The reliability and dependability on the track, not to mention holding the record as "King of Nurburgring" elevates PORSCHE as the "Best Desirable GT Car" out there. Pay the ADM and get yourself a real "Sports Car" that'll kick the competition by the curb.

"PORSCHE, there is no substitute."

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by ronin amg
This is a funny thread. I traded in my 991 GT3 for a Turbo S and then traded it in for a AMG e63s wagon because the wagon if faster and handles as good if not better in the canyons.
My sports car is a 2016 AMG GTS fully loaded and I would not even consider another Porsche as a sports car again.

Hey, trolls gotta eat too..
Old 03-17-2018, 11:38 AM

bbbbbut you bought a C63?
Old 03-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Wasn't amgfan1 just a kid who talks about his dad's cars? No real adult posts like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wolfman:
canucklehead (03-20-2018), JSwan724 (03-17-2018)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG GT* - Sweet Lies