Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > AMG GT
Hard track use upgrades >

Hard track use upgrades

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard track use upgrades

Old 02-27-2019, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
CF thats functional ! Hoorah.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:37 PM

GTR
TIKT was running some serious tests on Hockenheim circuit past weekend. They mounted their duct on the Right and had stock setup on the Left. IR sensors are mounted on the uprights to measure rotor temperatures with logging. Test was performed in order to define the difference in effectiveness between TIKT duct and stock setup. In the video below You can clearly see the difference between left and right and it would have been even bigger if brakes could been pushed further. That was not possible as the difference was so big that it made car unstable as a result of Left side fade and You could feel it on the steering wheel.
They are preparing for next tests by the end of the month where they plan to go with all ducts and see for how long can they race the car.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
Draptec,

This is fantastic data. You can really see how the right rotor temps recover so much faster than the left.

Im sold. How soon will Tikt be working on a rear brake duct solution as for drivers running with ESC on it is paramount that the rear discs run cooler?

Id like to purchase a F & R solution ASAP with hopes of a Group Buy also.

Bish
Old 03-06-2019, 10:41 AM

GTR
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Draptec,

This is fantastic data. You can really see how the right rotor temps recover so much faster than the left.

Im sold. How soon will Tikt be working on a rear brake duct solution as for drivers running with ESC on it is paramount that the rear discs run cooler?

Id like to purchase a F & R solution ASAP with hopes of a Group Buy also.

Bish
Rear ducts are in the final development stage and will be tested soon.

Also have in mind that the numbers You see are the surface of the rotor and differences in the core after some heat sink are are even bigger and more important. Unfortunately it couldn't be demonstreted as ducts worked too good and made an enormous difference... so big that the car couldn't brake in the straight line anymore and abs was going crazy.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Draptec View Post
Rear ducts are in the final development stage and will be tested soon.

Also have in mind that the numbers You see are the surface of the rotor and differences in the core after some heat sink are are even bigger and more important. Unfortunately it couldn't be demonstreted as ducts worked too good and made an enormous difference... so big that the car couldn't brake in the straight line anymore and abs was going crazy.
I can only imagine that the brake torque differential was significant side to side; hence the ABS throwing a fit! lol

Get back to us ASAP when the rear ducts are finished.

On the Corvette forum there was/is a USA vendor selling Tikt products. Will there be a distributor selling these GT R parts here, or will we have to purchase directly from Tikt in Germany?

Bish
Old 03-06-2019, 09:52 PM

AMG GT R
I don't mean to hijack this thread, just thought someone here might need it.
Is anyone interested in some GT R CC track pads and stock pads? I sold my car, don't need them anymore.
I don't know where to get it in the US, so I personally ordered it in Germany and brought it back while I was doing the RING trip last year, put on the car for 200 miles but never got to track it. These pads are very friendly to the rotor and have way better heat resistance comparing to the stock pads.
http://www.pagidracing.com/en/produc...rsc/rsc-1.html
Stock pads are brand new.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by treatureh View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread, just thought someone here might need it.
Is anyone interested in some GT R CC track pads and stock pads? I sold my car, don't need them anymore.
I don't know where to get it in the US, so I personally ordered it in Germany and brought it back while I was doing the RING trip last year, put on the car for 200 miles but never got to track it. These pads are very friendly to the rotor and have way better heat resistance comparing to the stock pads.
http://www.pagidracing.com/en/produc...rsc/rsc-1.html
Stock pads are brand new.

Pricing and pix of the RSC1s?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:28 PM

AMG GT R