MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   Hard track use upgrades (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/703118-hard-track-use-upgrades.html)

TRAKCAR 03-30-2018 10:23 PM

Hard track use upgrades

Who tracks their GT R hard and often?

Always been a Mercedes guy, I have a 450SEL 6.9 and had a 1993 500E and modern ones as well.

I love the AMG GT cars. Could I roll two into one ??
Maybe even make a AMG GT my dedicated track car?

Took my CL65 and E63 to the track for a few laps and it wasn’t pretty..Horrible actually and I didn’t expect much to begin with but it was disappointing.

i rented a AMG GTS at the tourist lapping thing in Abu Dhabi, it was after sunset, maybe 85F and even with fluid, pads etc we were losing the brakes after 5-6 laps. Came back right after a few parade laps.

ive spoken to Renntech (Local to me) and no one really tracks the AMG GT hard at PBIR and Sebring and the development GTR wasn’t build for hard track use. Also seen a comment from Renntech Germany and the remark was that they are surprised the lack of brake performance due to brake cooling.

Im at the track more then most, reasonably fast at my home track, which is Sebring, so not many cars do have brakes that last for half an hour, never mind an entire tank.

Im staying in touch without a Renntech but I will be looking for fast guys putting track miles on the car and learn what you guys do to make the brakes last.

if anyone has experience or even if you guys find some track video’s, I can contact them.

I appreciate all feed back and pointers.

AMG 17GT 03-31-2018 08:47 AM

Good to have you here sir. I saw you run your GT3 at road Atlanta last year. Very fast.

Looking forward to posts here as well.

At COTA last year, I asked a tech what they were doing on brakes. Wouldn’t specifically tell me what type of brake fluid, but it was not stock. Of course all GT cars were running ceramic, which seems more robust on AMG than ceramic vs steel on P cars.

TRAKCAR 03-31-2018 10:14 AM

Never broke 1.34 matching my 997RS lap times, I was on older tires, so some real room for improvement.
You are saying that ceramics create better braking in AMG GT? They are not needed and only marginally better at Porsche.
there are som cost effective alternatives now with aftermarket CCB rotors.

i also love the tire choices of the OEM AMG sizes.

AMG 17GT 03-31-2018 11:12 AM

I believe ceramics on AMG are much better than steel for track cars and I’m assuming that you’ll be buying a car used and turning it into a track beast.

There will be a lot more posts on this as weather warms and laps accrue

WhiteBlack 03-31-2018 02:09 PM

I have 5 days on my GTR and another 2 days on loaner GTRs(from mb).

The standard steel brakes are not up to the job. Both loaner cars had steels and had to be “managed” while on track.

The ceramics on my car can be used full bore but I have cracked thee laquer on all 4 wheels(warrantied).

The auto brake can’t be turned off completely and is a hazard on track. I bodge mine by covering some sensors.

Other than that it’s all good, the GTR destroys most things this side of a 675LT or Viper ACR.

emericr 03-31-2018 03:46 PM

Been on the track and 1:34 is a hell of a time. Not a track rat not can't help you with your requests but I have talked with the guys that ran GT4 and GT3 and they ran their 2 hour race with no issues for the GT3 AMG. May be they use different brakes so I would recommend talking to AMG and ask what brakes they put on their race cars.

DriveAMG 03-31-2018 04:02 PM

My experience thus far...

Tracked my GTS (steel brakes) 4-5 times at several tracks with the following upgrades:

- installed titanium backing plates on the front brakes to help mitigate heat transfer to the calipers
- upgraded my brake fluid to endless 650.

These helped but did it eliminate brake fade...

This year my ride has CCB so I’m looking for same plates and fluid.

thebishman 03-31-2018 04:32 PM

Peter(?),

There are few people in the US who received their GTR in time to take it out for track season last year, so road course reports are pretty much limited to the original magasine reports. That should change soon; I hope. I’ll have mine out on track at Heartland Park with the KC PCA at the end of April. HPT has some decent braking zones, but doubt its like Sebring.

I have replaced the factory brake fluid with Castrol SRF, and my car has the CCMs; I wouldn’t have bought it without them. Now, I will only do about 5-6 track weekends this year, which is probably about 20 less than you! lol. Regardless it will be interesting to see how the rotors hold up. I tend to always replace the pads when I’m down to no less than 1/3rd of the remaining compound. Wasteful? Maybe; but I’m convinced it prolongs the life of a far more expensive component; the rotor. Like you I’ll be interested to see replacement options for the rotors when mine do get worn.

Also: I had the factory alignment checked at my local ‘Race’ shop that does the maintenance on my cars and it was at -2.0 front and -1.8 rear camber. I’ll see if we need to adjust the shims to get more negative camber after my track day, but the car handles incredibly well on the street and is highly maneuverable with the RWS.

Lastly you can throw on a set of the MPSC2 ZPs off the C7 Z06/7 and drive to/from the track.

Excited to get it out to its natural environment; it’s like a caged tiger on the street.

Bish

TRAKCAR 03-31-2018 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT (Post 7418534)
I believe ceramics on AMG are much better than steel for track cars and I’m assuming that you’ll be buying a car used and turning it into a track beast.

There will be a lot more posts on this as weather warms and laps accrue

I’d do Euro Delivery and leave the car there 6-12 months.

Look forward to it, if you guys hear or see about GTR laps, please forward them to me Peter@Trakcar.com or Post here.

Originally Posted by WhiteBlack (Post 7418649)

I have 5 days on my GTR and another 2 days on loaner GTRs(from mb).

The standard steel brakes are not up to the job. Both loaner cars had steels and had to be “managed” while on track.

The ceramics on my car can be used full bore but I have cracked thee laquer on all 4 wheels(warrantied).

The auto brake can’t be turned off completely and is a hazard on track. I bodge mine by covering some sensors.

Other than that it’s all good, the GTR destroys most things this side of a 675LT or Viper ACR.

Thanks! Another confirm that steel brakes aren’t OK.
Makes sense, Ceramic runs cooler and the GTR doesnt have enough brake cooling.

Ceramics are a must then. Anyone know what replacement rotors cost or what the oem size is, so I can see if ST rotors are available in the correct size.

laquered wheels means painted black? Are the other options all painted?

with Autobrake, you mean drivers assist? So better to order the car without ?

bearing ACR and 675LT is nothing to sneeze at!

Originally Posted by emericr (Post 7418696)
Been on the track and 1:34 is a hell of a time. Not a track rat not can't help you with your requests but I have talked with the guys that ran GT4 and GT3 and they ran their 2 hour race with no issues for the GT3 AMG. May be they use different brakes so I would recommend talking to AMG and ask what brakes they put on their race cars.

thanks, I had t thought of investigating what the GT4 AMG GT runs for brakes. Need to look into that.

Originally Posted by orenlasko (Post 7418708)
Tracked my GTS (steel brakes) 4-5 times at several tracks with the following upgrades:

- installed titanium backing plates on the front brakes to help mitigate heat transfer to the calipers
- upgraded my brake fluid to endless 650.

These helped but did it eliminate brake fade...

This year my ride has CCB so I’m looking for same plates and fluid.

Great if your issues are also cured with CCB’s. Please report.

Originally Posted by thebishman (Post 7418722)
Peter(?),

There are few people in the US who received their GTR in time to take it out for track season last year, so road course reports are pretty much limited to the original magasine reports. That should change soon; I hope. I’ll have mine out on track at Heartland Park with the KC PCA at the end of April. HPT has some decent braking zones, but doubt its like Sebring.

I have replaced the factory brake fluid with Castrol SRF, and my car has the CCMs; I wouldn’t have bought it without them. Now, I will only do about 5-6 track weekends this year, which is probably about 20 less than you! lol. Regardless it will be interesting to see how the rotors hold up. I tend to always replace the pads when I’m down to no less than 1/3rd of the remaining compound. Wasteful? Maybe; but I’m convinced it prolongs the life of a far more expensive component; the rotor. Like you I’ll be interested to see replacement options for the rotors when mine do get worn.

Also: I had the factory alignment checked at my local ‘Race’ shop that does the maintenance on my cars and it was at -2.0 front and -1.8 rear camber. I’ll see if we need to adjust the shims to get more negative camber after my track day, but the car handles incredibly well on the street and is highly maneuverable with the RWS.

Lastly you can throw on a set of the MPSC2 ZPs off the C7 Z06/7 and drive to/from the track.

Excited to get it out to its natural environment; it’s like a caged tiger on the street.

Bish

I’m not familiar with the track, but not much is like Sebring. You guys should keep your car here in FL. I have AC and very secure car storage. During the winter I play car concierge for some Rennlisters :-)

i also don’t run pads all the way down, steel I get brake fade in in RS and with PCCB, I rather save the rotors.

Recaesing Camber, that’s not much but the GT3 is also fine with just -2 / -2.5 on Michelins due to RWS and the tire construction. The Chevy Michelins are less thread depth and faster, right?

Do you guys have a harness bar and 5 point harness? Is there a hole in the bottom of the seat? Or just 3-4 point belts?

thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.
ive started this thread early and I hope to see what it takes to make it all work.

BTW, I commented on Instagram today asking Renntech Germany how their brake cooling was coming alon and I got a little thumbsup :-)

thebishman 03-31-2018 10:12 PM

‘Autobrake’, (or Crash Mitigation) as someone earlier called it can be turned off under ‘Settings’ using the left side controls on the steering wheel. It is standard on the car iirc. Unfortunately it restarts every time the car is stopped/restarted.

I’m not sure who makes the calipers but they sure look like some form of Brembo; hence if true I’d say the rotors are a standard size. We just need to find out and can then look into replacement options.

Re: seats: there is no hole in the seat bottom cushion unfortunately.

Bish

WhiteBlack 04-01-2018 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by thebishman (Post 7418959)
‘Autobrake’, (or Crash Mitigation) as someone earlier called it can be turned off under ‘Settings’ using the left side controls on the steering wheel. It is standard on the car iirc. Unfortunately it restarts every time the car is stopped/restarted.

This is mostly incorrect.

the car will say the system is deactivated but in truth it is only dialled back. The system still activates in the same way but only in more extreme situations. It’s can be quite dangerous.

GTR cannot be ordered without this system.

PrestigeMBamg 04-01-2018 08:18 AM

Hi guys I have been a Mercedes driver for a while have had a handful of AMG I currently track my 16ACR and just got rid of my 2016 zo6

I am at winterfest every year at Sebring and there was a AMGGT3 running the endurance races however I was looking to see if there was an AMGGTR
I did not see any I am currently thinking about buying one as well for hard-core track use

Anyone who tracks knows there are a handful of things that need to be figured out before you buy the car and I’m fortunately I agree most people do not track there and GGT order GTR and the dealer doesn’t know crap When trying to find things out

First off I can’t even get a straight answer of what replacement carbon ceramic pads cost so does anyone know if there are replacement pads for the CC pads after market or what the OEM replacement pads cost

has anyone confirmed or put in a six point harness and besides having to go you custom make a bar to go below the strut bar is there one available already on the market

also are there any other tire options you guys know that will fit the stock wheels more than likely I will get a set of Forge lines for the track and use the stock wheels for driving on the street

but it looks like the Michelin cup twos are the only available tire which are horrible for daily driver So does anyone know a tire that fits the stock wheels besides the cup2s

of course the stock brake fluid has to be changed out first thing

is there a track alignment does anyone know if there’s a recommended speck from AMG that is in the manual or does it come from the factory already track online which I doubt

so to add to this conversation maybe we could pool our experiences together and resources I love to see more AMGGTR is out on the track and I would love to pick one up but if this car can handle it works a pain in the butt getting these things then of course it’s not worth it

Rich L

TRAKCAR 04-01-2018 08:18 AM

Thanks WhiteBlack.

So you just tape the sensors up?
Maybe that should be a sticky on this forum as a how-to for track safety.

Some local track organizations do not allow some BMW cars that have a similar system.

TRAKCAR 04-01-2018 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by PrestigeMBamg (Post 7419088)
Hi guys I have been a Mercedes driver for a while have had a handful of AMG I currently track my 16ACR and just got rid of my 2016 zo6

I am at winterfest every year at Sebring and there was a AMGGT3 running the endurance races however I was looking to see if there was an AMGGTR
I did not see any I am currently thinking about buying one as well for hard-core track use

Anyone who tracks knows there are a handful of things that need to be figured out before you buy the car and I’m fortunately I agree most people do not track there and GGT order GTR and the dealer doesn’t know crap When trying to find things out

First off I can’t even get a straight answer of what replacement carbon ceramic pads cost so does anyone know if there are replacement pads for the CC pads after market or what the OEM replacement pads cost

has anyone confirmed or put in a six point harness and besides having to go you custom make a bar to go below the strut bar is there one available already on the market

also are there any other tire options you guys know that will fit the stock wheels more than likely I will get a set of Forge lines for the track and use the stock wheels for driving on the street

but it looks like the Michelin cup twos are the only available tire which are horrible for daily driver So does anyone know a tire that fits the stock wheels besides the cup2s

of course the stock brake fluid has to be changed out first thing

is there a track alignment does anyone know if there’s a recommended speck from AMG that is in the manual or does it come from the factory already track online which I doubt

so to add to this conversation maybe we could pool our experiences together and resources I love to see more AMGGTR is out on the track and I would love to pick one up but if this car can handle it works a pain in the butt getting these things then of course it’s not worth it

Rich L

Rich, we're on the same page :y
This may be a great thread to consolidate track mods, setup and consumables.

I don't think the MPSC2 are bad on the street, even when cording them on the outside edge, due to soft rubber only being on the outside, allows you to drive home in the rain with the deep grooves left on the inside 2/3rds of the tires.
After 18 sets of experimenting with $2200+++ MPSC2's I got 19" forgelines with 295F and 345 Hoosiers form the track. The 21" are just a PITA.
Another good track tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R used often by Porsche Cayman GT4 track rats, but not available in 991RS sizes, they only go 305 on 19" and 295 on 20" so that may work for the GTR
https://tiresize.com/tires/Bridgesto...nza-RE-71R.htm

For CCB rotor replacement, we can look into the rotors I run on the 991RS: https://surfacetransforms.com/
They can be refurbished up to 5 times as opposed to the Brembo's and we can run the endurance Pagis pads http://www.pagidracing.com/en/produc...sl/rsl-29.html as I am now. So just a matter of getting the right sizes hats made and get the right side rotors.
My rotors now on the RS are 420mm front and with special Forgelines there is only 1mm between caliper and rim and the top of the calipers are getting hammered with rubber and little stones off the track. The AMG GT R has 15.4-inch front discs with composite rotors (390mm) and ventilated 14.2-inch rear discs. Are the rears steel? Should be fine, I think the PCCB on the rear are overkill.

The dealers certainly wont know anything, but what dealer does? Porsche dealers aren't very informative, and with the RS there isn't even a recommended track setup available in the manual.. I had tons of rubbing, setup and tires cording problems..
Track alignment we can figure out in a day depending on tires with a day of testing and a Pyro gauge.
On the other hand Mercedes is very good about warranty, I don't think they will be going all Sherlock Holmes on track use like Porsche Dealers do to deny a warranty claim, because track use with MB has been pretty rare..

To summarize info we should pool together for track users:
-Brakes; rotors, pads and cooling
-Tires.
-Camber and sway bar settings with tires.
-Corner balance and rake.
-Harness / Harness bar
-Disable auto brake feature
-Does the engine / gearbox stay cool enough in 95F days? I haven't heard of too much power reduction due to heat.

Thanks to all of you who have a GTR already and track the car for reporting in :-)

California John 04-01-2018 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 7419112)
Rich, we're on the same page :y
This may be a great thread to consolidate track mods, setup and consumables.

I don't think the MPSC2 are bad on the street, even when cording them on the outside edge, due to soft rubber only being on the outside, allows you to drive home in the rain with the deep grooves left on the inside 2/3rds of the tires.
After 18 sets of experimenting with $2200+++ MPSC2's I got 19" forgelines with 295F and 345 Hoosiers form the track. The 21" are just a PITA.
Another good track tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R used often by Porsche Cayman GT4 track rats, but not available in 991RS sizes, they only go 305 on 19" and 295 on 20" so that may work for the GTR
https://tiresize.com/tires/Bridgesto...nza-RE-71R.htm

For CCB rotor replacement, we can look into the rotors I run on the 991RS: https://surfacetransforms.com/
They can be refurbished up to 5 times as opposed to the Brembo's and we can run the endurance Pagis pads http://www.pagidracing.com/en/produc...sl/rsl-29.html as I am now. So just a matter of getting the right sizes hats made and get the right side rotors.
My rotors now on the RS are 420mm front and with special Forgelines there is only 1mm between caliper and rim and the top of the calipers are getting hammered with rubber and little stones off the track. The AMG GT R has 15.4-inch front discs with composite rotors (390mm) and ventilated 14.2-inch rear discs. Are the rears steel? Should be fine, I think the PCCB on the rear are overkill.

The dealers certainly wont know anything, but what dealer does? Porsche dealers aren't very informative, and with the RS there isn't even a recommended track setup available in the manual.. I had tons of rubbing, setup and tires cording problems..
Track alignment we can figure out in a day depending on tires with a day of testing and a Pyro gauge.
On the other hand Mercedes is very good about warranty, I don't think they will be going all Sherlock Holmes on track use like Porsche Dealers do to deny a warranty claim, because track use with MB has been pretty rare..

To summarize info we should pool together for track users:
-Brakes; rotors, pads and cooling
-Tires.
-Camber and sway bar settings with tires.
-Corner balance and rake.
-Harness / Harness bar
-Disable auto brake feature
-Does the engine / gearbox stay cool enough in 95F days? I haven't heard of too much power reduction due to heat.

Thanks to all of you who have a GTR already and track the car for reporting in :-)

I think you may have trouble "disabling" the auto-brake. I remember at the AMG Driving School people complained about it and the the instructor said that they are not able to turn it off. They also said it never bothers them (no, not just because they are leading) but they said that when they are out on the track with another instructor they are basically staying about the same distance from each other. It is only when you are closing quickly on a car (in a braking zone) that it can engage. But the smoother you are the less it happens - unless someone is VERY slow in and out of a corner. It reminded me of when I used to race S2000 in SCCA. We could go lap after lap on each other's tail but there was never any abrupt closing speed (unless we were out with the FA's and then those guys would close very fast). Anyway, good luck with it all. In thinking of brake fluid, the open secret at the time was that most of the open wheelers ran Ford brake fluid. Cheap, available at any Ford parts shop and had a really high temp. As high as the "trick" fluids that people special ordered and spent a fortune on. Of course open wheelers aren't having to slow down much weight. The "door slammers" had heavy cars and went through pads and rotors. We hardly used our brakes, by comparison...but then my spec was only 1,320 lbs with the driver.

thebishman 04-01-2018 12:10 PM

Re: Brakes:

I think it will be up to us, the owners who want to track the car to find out who makes the rotors, and hence what our options are re: replacement rotors and pad options. Since so few of these cars have been tracked yet, except perhaps at the AMG Academy, there’s just no data out there.

I think that an email/call to ST, etc asking them what options are available (or will be availability) will be the way to deal with this. But at this point in time the aftermarket retailers have no incentive to spend the time, their money developing replacement parts for a very small number of potential customers. It a ‘Catch 22’ currently.

Hopefully Jeff Ritter at AP Racing might know something about sizes of the CCMs; pads, etc. I’ll reach out to him. The ultimate solution would of course be one of their replacement endurance front/rear caliper/pad setups.

Re: Racing harness/cage/bar:

Installing the cage from the ROW ‘Clubsport’ version that’s currently testing will probably be the answer for this, or one of the MB/AMG tuners might come up with a solution. I am at an age now that I just rely of the active and passive safety systems inherent in the car, so won’t be installing 5/6 points and a cage.

Re: Tyres:

The R03 option tyre, (which we can’t get from the factory here in the US), is the exact same MPSC2 ZP tyre found on the Z07 version of the C7 Corvette:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...SortCode=60220

The above link not only shows the MPSC2 ZP tyres which are great track tyres and useable on the street; (just be careful in the wet and cold), but also shows two other street choices for the GTR. I would never ruin the handling by installing the Continentals, but the MPSS are a great DD tyre. Plus the new PS4 is supposed to be out soon.

Re: Brake fluid:

This is why the HPDE Gods created Castrol SRF! lol

Re: Alignment:

I mentioned above that the factory alignment is pretty aggressive and I’m anxious to see how it works on my first track weekend in 4 weeks. Alignment changes are not easy/quick as the car uses shims instead of eccentric bolts for adjustment, but the good thing is that when you have an alignment you like, it won’t change.

WhiteBlack 04-01-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by PrestigeMBamg (Post 7419088)

i have the euro track pack and it’s useless. In fact there is currently a recall on it. I do not wear the supplied 4 points because they’re unsafe. Not sure what other options are available.

personally I think Cup2s make a good street tyre.

Alignment I’m very interested in. I’ve no info but will be taking the car to a specialist in the coming month or so.

thebishman 04-01-2018 07:26 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d12b37ae1.jpeg
Here are the factory settings that came on my GTR:

austintipton 04-02-2018 09:45 AM

Here is my experience with the GTS.

The collision prevention sensor is a pain. But how much depends on you. If you are seeing it a lot, the car in front of you is braking harder than you! If you are braking harder than it, you won't be bothered. Confirmed this with the AMG Academy lead instructor. They don't have a problem when they go out as a group, as they are all standing on the pedal at maximum force. I've had to learn apply more brake pressure! (Still, remember to "disable" it before each session)

The OEM rotors warped after two days at COTA. Mercedes wouldn't warranty them. Couldn't blame them.

I just went through a set of RacingBrake iron discs. They lasted five track days before heat cycling out. Could have used more aggressive pads as they've barely worn at all.

I'm waiting to hear back from RacingBrake about CCM rotors. I want to give them a try. My guess is they'd need to make it about 19 track days to break even with iron, cost wise. Probably more due to the expense of the pads.

The GT4 has a huge caliper with pads twice the size of ours (saw one last track day). I'd love to retofit those calipers on, but I'd guess that is a massive project. Like redoing the whole front suspension.

This thread seems right on track. The GT3 - GT3 RS guys just pound their cars on the track, while we don't have the standard solutions for braking that they have, at least in Austin.

I'm going for an alignment before my next track day. I've worked up enough pace and car control that I need to remove some understeer now.

WhiteBlack 04-03-2018 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by California John (Post 7419118)
I remember at the AMG Driving School people complained about it and the the instructor said that they are not able to turn it off. They also said it never bothers them (no, not just because they are leading) but they said that when they are out on the track with another instructor they are basically staying about the same distance from each other. It is only when you are closing quickly on a car (in a braking zone) that it can engage.

Even when you're following similar pace cars you can still have it activate it in very tight hairpins. Ie a car that's at 90deg to you will be seen as stopped because its direction of travel is perpendicular to yours.

Ultimately most trackdays here are mixed use, even on highend ones you're very likely to encounter some slow movers.

California John 04-03-2018 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteBlack (Post 7420656)
Even when you're following similar pace cars you can still have it activate it in very tight hairpins. Ie a car that's at 90deg to you will be seen as stopped because its direction of travel is perpendicular to yours.

Ultimately most trackdays here are mixed use, even on highend ones you're very likely to encounter some slow movers.

No corner workers to throw a passing flag at them?

austintipton 04-03-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteBlack (Post 7420656)

Hairpins may be a bit more of an issue. COTA doesn't really have one. T11 is the closest.

However slow movers are not exactly the problem. Only people braking harder and faster than you are the real issue, make sense?

When I was a lot slower myself, I ran into more weird cases where I was actually turning faster times than some people, but they did brake harder than me. Think of a Miata being on track with you. A race spec Miata. You should still be turning faster laps, but he can brake a hell of a lot faster than your 3,600lb car, even if you are standing all the way on the pedal, upgraded your fluid, rotors and pads. In those situations I've found it is best to brake off line. You should do that for safety anyhow. If you brake off line, the sensor won't go off. You might even brake offline, moving back onto the racing line under braking just as the other car turns in. With some of those tricks, a few brake upgrades and honest standing on the brakes, the sensor thing went from super annoying to maybe once ever other session activating it a little.

RichardCranium3 04-03-2018 09:21 AM

They may not be entirely the same, but for reference, CC rotors on S63/65 are $2400 each. :nix:

https://www.mbpartsfactory.com/auto-...nt-brakes-scat

thebishman 04-03-2018 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by RichardCranium3 (Post 7420707)
They may not be entirely the same, but for reference, CC rotors on S63/65 are $2400 each. :nix:

https://www.mbpartsfactory.com/auto-...nt-brakes-scat

Twice as expensive as you can find ZR1/Z06 CCM rotors, but a damn site cheaper than Porsche/Ferrari rotors! lol

TRAKCAR 04-03-2018 12:49 PM

:popcorn:
Anyone have the CCB GTR rotor prices ?