HomeLink Frustration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 11:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
HomeLink Frustration

Any tips guys?

I have two identical receivers on gate and garage, plus 4-button remote controls.

I've successfully copied the garage button, but after literally hours, can't get the gate button to program. Have even tried a different brand remote, which seemed to copy to the car, but then after programming the gate to accept the new remote (both car and remote transmitted), only the new remote works, not the car.

Driving me mad!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by xbox
Any tips guys?

I have two identical receivers on gate and garage, plus 4-button remote controls.

I've successfully copied the garage button, but after literally hours, can't get the gate button to program. Have even tried a different brand remote, which seemed to copy to the car, but then after programming the gate to accept the new remote (both car and remote transmitted), only the new remote works, not the car.

Driving me mad!!!!!!!
try clearing or erasing previous code first. Hold first and third buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds.

Then try again
The following users liked this post:
xbox (04-07-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 03:13 PM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT

try clearing or erasing previous code first. Hold first and third buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds.

Then try again
Thanks. Will try that tomorrow - had considered it, but didn't want to risk messing the one that worked. Reality is that I need both, otherwise have to carry the remote, so why the hell not
Old 04-07-2018, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by xbox
Thanks. Will try that tomorrow - had considered it, but didn't want to risk messing the one that worked. Reality is that I need both, otherwise have to carry the remote, so why the hell not

This happened to me in my car when I first tried to sync up the rolling codes. I had to delete everything as mentioned above and re-do the procedure until it finally accepted the codes for the garages.

Keep at It; it will work!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Received 663 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
I have a turn over of cars and need to program four gates on three buttons. So I hire a professional. (One of the gates is in a different location.)

My pro had great difficulty programming two of my gates. Followed directions, cleared the system, tried to get the rolling codes to give the digital handshake. It took forever. Very glitchy.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:32 AM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Thanks guys - its not just me then - phew