Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Springs Installer Tacoma WA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Springs Installer Tacoma WA

Does anyone know of a reputable installer in the Tacoma WA area that can install new springs kit on my AMG GT S

I called two local shops that specialize on European cars and both refuse to do the work, citing concerns about lack on information on torque and alignments specs.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2018, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by neonflx
Does anyone know of a reputable installer in the Tacoma WA area that can install new springs kit on my AMG GT S

I called two local shops that specialize on European cars and both refuse to do the work, citing concerns about lack on information on torque and alignments specs.

Thanks
Any good alignment shop should be able to do it, if not they are not very good..
Old 04-13-2018, 07:42 AM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Why not go to dealer that has a AMG tech?
You will need the springs installed
You will need to order 1-2 alignment shim kits to properly do alignment post spring install. I’d order those ASAP as sometimes you need to wait a week+ for them to come from Germany.

Plus they need to clear codes post install from disconnection of sensors during spring install. Doubt an alignment shop has that capability.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No need for any shims or AMG tech since no codes are triggered, ask me how I know...
Old 04-13-2018, 12:33 PM

/////PRO
If you follow correct install procedure, yes, clearing codes (if they pop up) is needed.

and yes, shim plates are needed for proper alignment, because you need to alter the number plates already on the car for camber.

ask me how I know😁
Old 04-13-2018, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dlefty
If you follow correct install procedure, yes, clearing codes (if they pop up) is needed.

and yes, shim plates are needed for proper alignment, because you need to alter the number plates already on the car for camber.

ask me how I know😁
Some people lower their car for looks [posers] and some people lower their car for handling.
If you want the car to handle properly you need more negative camber and you will get that automatically when you lower the car, if you want longer tire life and normal handling then you need to shim it.
I didn't buy SC2 tires for their long life driving straight down the highway. I bought them for max grip and handling.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:35 PM

/////PRO
My point seems to be lost. Of course some negative camber helps cornering. But only a “poser” would lower and not do a proper alignment to dial in the exact amount of camber they want for peak performance.
If you want -2 front for one use, -2.5 for another, -3 because that’s where you like it, you can’t get there without a proper alignment. So if you just lowered “and let it be what it is”, what if your left front is -1.9 and right front -3.1? because no alignment your caster and toe is off as the car was lowered. You need the plates to connect the dots on camber / caster / toe to make all the adjustments tie into what you are trying to accomplish with this car.

If you were closer, I’d be happy to have you come by where we work on the cars and show you all these things.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never said you wouldn't need to realign, you just wouldn't need to change camber.
If your camber was even before the spring install it will be even after, just more negative, caster will not change. You will need an alignment to correct toe.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok the dealer was my first choice however, when I called their service rep told me that they do not install after market parts.