Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent track experience with GTR.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by surfah

Kind of pathetic that your car ownership experience is so predicated on whether random people recognize what kind of car it is you’re driving.

You come to a forum to hate on a brand and a car you’ve probably never driven to justify your purchase decision. Its pretty sad and childish.

Surfah:
Hopefully you remember how to use the site ignore function.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:54 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Originally Posted by JSwan724

Surfah:
Hopefully you remember how to use the site ignore function.

Is that what the button's for? Kids these days.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by surfah
Is that what the button's for? Kids these days.

Just keep reminding yourself that you are the adult and when you’ve had enough do the ignore thing to regain your peace and sanity.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTR
Thankyou for all your positive comments
Old 05-27-2018, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by NismoGTR
Your 4.0L engine can be found all the way down the ladder to the C-Class.

Google GTR and only Godzilla shows up. Good luck with da wheelspin ....
as mentioned above some of us have owned the R35 or other variants of the Godzilla albeit the non Nismo version in my case. I enjoyed the Nissan and have a lot of respect for it. That said, your trash talk is not going to gain you much respect over here, but why don’t you prove YOUR ownership of a GTR Nismo and we’ll let you play. What’s your handle on gtrlife.com?
The following 2 users liked this post by cyberorth:
susman@eurogermantown.com (05-30-2018), thebishman (05-28-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
s 550, AMG GTC, E400wagon
Originally Posted by NismoGTR
Your 4.0L engine can be found all the way down the ladder to the C-Class.

Google GTR and only Godzilla shows up. Good luck with da wheelspin ....
Hilarious!!!

It’s not our fault the Skyline GTR is no longer especially relevant. It was a great car, one of the first that was able to compensate for the shortcomings of amateur drivers. Oh, and wheel spin can be a blast if you know what you’re doing.
The following 2 users liked this post by maxsar:
susman@eurogermantown.com (05-30-2018), thebishman (05-28-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by cyberorth

as mentioned above some of us have owned the R35 or other variants of the Godzilla albeit the non Nismo version in my case. I enjoyed the Nissan and have a lot of respect for it. That said, your trash talk is not going to gain you much respect over here, but why don’t you prove YOUR ownership of a GTR Nismo and we’ll let you play. What’s your handle on gtrlife.com?
Was Nagtroc when I was on it lol...

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/user/11568-shahulx/
Old 05-30-2018, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Was Nagtroc when I was on it lol...

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/user/11568-shahulx/
yes nagtroc and other xxxgtroc’s got combined and became gtrlife.com
solid community and little to no trash talk. All the more reason why this guy was a troll here and not an actual Nismo ambassador!

Last edited by cyberorth; 05-30-2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-31-2018, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Just an update:

Off to the track again this coming weekend and with the MPSC2 ZP tyres installed this time. Stay tuned. Oh and with the rear wing at max downforce angle.

Bish
Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by thebishman
Just an update:

Off to the track again this coming weekend and with the MPSC2 ZP tyres installed this time. Stay tuned. Oh and with the rear wing at max downforce angle.

Bish
You have those on the vette you said? Mine heated up like crazy after about 10 laps and were super greasy last week..
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Just an update:

Bish
What is max downforce angle ?
Old 05-31-2018, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
You have those on the vette you said? Mine heated up like crazy after about 10 laps and were super greasy last week..
Shalul as I mentioned at the start of this thread, I had real trouble keeping the front tyres from getting into some super high psi range; between 38-41 even when I lowered the starting psi down to around 25. The front end never really felt like it was under steering; in fact it’s super easy to place the car where you want it, but I thought I’d throw on a set of gently used Z07 tyres to see what happens. After all they are the option tyre in the ROW.

Bish
Old 05-31-2018, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
What is max downforce angle ?
So the rear wing is adjustable as I’m sure you know. My car was delivered with the wing angle essentially flat. I’m going to have it adjusted so that it is at it’s most ‘acute’ angle, witch will of course give some extra downforce on the rear of the car.

As for what the actually angle ends up being I’m not sure at the moment.

Bish
Old 06-01-2018, 04:17 AM

fun ones.

So the rear wing is adjustable as I’m sure you know. My car was delivered with the wing angle essentially flat. I’m going to have it adjusted so that it is at it’s most ‘acute’ angle, witch will of course give some extra downforce on the rear of the car.

As for what the actually angle ends up being I’m not sure at the moment.

Bish
I was just asking to see if you had any info regarding angles. I did a little research and found nothing from MB at all, in fact all GTRs are delivered with wings at different angles.

From my (admittedly limited) understanding of aerodynamics the steepest angle on the GTR wing will have a negative affect. The airflow at the rear wing runs roughly parallel to the rear of the car so its actually quite effective in the flat position. Most wings stall after 15deg and in the steepest angle on the GTR it is way past 15deg to the rear of the car or even to horizontal.

I have experimented with mine to some extent on track but I find it hard to feel a significant difference and I suspect my driving is not consistent enough to give an accurate indication either.

P.s its 4 bolts you do not need someone to set this for you.

Last edited by WhiteBlack; 06-01-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
I was just asking to see if you had any info regarding angles. I did a little research and found nothing from MB at all, in fact all GTRs are delivered with wings at different angles.

From my (admittedly limited) understanding of aerodynamics the steepest angle on the GTR wing will have a negative affect. The airflow at the rear wing runs roughly parallel to the rear of the car so its actually quite effective in the flat position. Most wings stall after 15deg and in the steepest angle on the GTR it is way past 15deg to the rear of the car or even to horizontal.

I have experimented with mine to some extent on track but I find it hard to feel a significant difference and I suspect my driving is not consistent enough to give an accurate indication either.

P.s its 4 bolts you do not need someone to set this for you.
Interesting data; thanks.

The bolts are a ‘star’ type pattern and even though I have the necessary tools, when I was trying to loosen the bolts the other side was also turning; hence I needed a second set of tools which I didn’t have. Since the car was in my local shop for the tyre switch, etc. I just had them do the wing adjustment for me for convenience sake.

Bish
Old 06-04-2018, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
A quick update from my second track weekend with the car:

Tyres: I installed the optional R03 tyres on the car which we can't actually have delivered on the car here in the USA. They are the Michelin Sport Cup 2 ZP (Zero Pressure) tyres that are actually the standard tyre on the C7 Z06 with the Z07 option, and are a 285 front and 335 rear, so more rubber on the road, and a more 'grippier' compound.

These tyres are so far superior to the 'normal' SC2 tyre that comes standard on the GT R for road course duties. They provided so much grip and were so predictable that I now wouldn't want to ever drive the car without them installed when on the track. They performed fantastically throughout the whole 9-10 laps of a normal HPDE run session at my local track, and even on lap 8 they were providing high levels of grip with only a minimal drop off. The traction driving out of corners was so much better and I was turning my fastest times ever on the track; all the while having the greatest confidence in any car I've ever driven. The rear end just felt so planted.

I started at 26 psi at all four corners and ended up with front psi at 37 max and rear 35 psi; some slower sessions ended up at 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. I perhaps could have lowered the fronts a little more but was using all of the tread surface so decided to leave them there.

So now I'm continuing my search for a second set of high quality, strong wheels for the track that I can have a set of the above tyres installed on, then keep the OEM wheels/tyres for street purposes.

Caveat: they basically suck on the street due to a massive decrease in compliance. On smooth roads they are fine, but on rough roads even in 'C' mode, the ride is really ruined by them. Also, they are very poor in wet conditions; dangerously so, so please keep that in mind. I know this as I encountered thunderstorms on the drive to the track and the car was aquaplaning even at low speeds. Not fun! lol

Brakes: The CCMs are simply fantastic on track. I never experienced any fade at all during any session throughout the whole weekend, and they are able to shed huge amounts of speed. They are extremely confidence inspiring and really help with running great lap times. I do think that the pads are designed to be 70% Street/30% Track, so we need more choices as my pads are getting a white/grey color throughout a major portion of my front pads in particular; not just the 2-3mm of the leading edge. Rotors look pristine, so at least the OEM pads are rotor 'friendly.
The only change I've made to the brakes is to have the fluid exchanged to Castrol SRF; although I might switch to the Endless 650 product soon as some of the Porsche guys state that there is less pedal 'compressibility' with it versus the SRF.

Seats: Not the greatest I'm afraid for stability on a road course. I spent a lot of energy holding myself as still as possible in the car even with the side bolsters as tight as I could tolerate them. A half cage; harnesses and a HANS would be the best way to spend less time fighting to keep yourself in a good driving position. The OEM seat belts don't have a locking function which is surprising as that would certainly help a little.

All in all I've never been faster and felt more comfortable driving a car rapidly on a road course, and I've been doing HPDEs for a long time. The car is a 'rocket ship', and if you ever get the chance to take yours, or someone else's (lol), to a road course, for God sake do it.

Bish

Last edited by thebishman; 06-04-2018 at 06:10 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by thebishman:
benzbell (06-04-2018), California John (06-04-2018), cyberorth (06-05-2018), emericr (06-05-2018), JSwan724 (06-04-2018), susman@eurogermantown.com (06-06-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Great material.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I cleaned up some trolling comments....
The following 3 users liked this post by Vic55:
California John (06-04-2018), JSwan724 (06-04-2018), susman@eurogermantown.com (06-06-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 03:46 AM

fun ones.

Tyres: I installed the optional R03 tyres on the car which we can't actually have delivered on the car here in the USA. They are the Michelin Sport Cup 2 ZP (Zero Pressure) tyres that are actually the standard tyre on the C7 Z06 with the Z07 option, and are a 285 front and 335 rear, so more rubber on the road, and a more 'grippier' compound.

These tyres are so far superior to the 'normal' SC2 tyre that comes standard on the GT R for road course duties. They provided so much grip and were so predictable that I now wouldn't want to ever drive the car without them installed when on the track. They performed fantastically throughout the whole 9-10 laps of a normal HPDE run session at my local track, and even on lap 8 they were providing high levels of grip with only a minimal drop off. The traction driving out of corners was so much better and I was turning my fastest times ever on the track; all the while having the greatest confidence in any car I've ever driven. The rear end just felt so planted.

I started at 26 psi at all four corners and ended up with front psi at 37 max and rear 35 psi; some slower sessions ended up at 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. I perhaps could have lowered the fronts a little more but was using all of the tread surface so decided to leave them there.

So now I'm continuing my search for a second set of high quality, strong wheels for the track that I can have a set of the above tyres installed on, then keep the OEM wheels/tyres for street purposes.

Caveat: they basically suck on the street due to a massive decrease in compliance. On smooth roads they are fine, but on rough roads even in 'C' mode, the ride is really ruined by them. Also, they are very poor in wet conditions; dangerously so, so please keep that in mind. I know this as I encountered thunderstorms on the drive to the track and the car was aquaplaning even at low speeds. Not fun! lol

Brakes: The CCMs are simply fantastic on track. I never experienced any fade at all during any session throughout the whole weekend, and they are able to shed huge amounts of speed. They are extremely confidence inspiring and really help with running great lap times. I do think that the pads are designed to be 70% Street/30% Track, so we need more choices as my pads are getting a white/grey color throughout a major portion of my front pads in particular; not just the 2-3mm of the leading edge. Rotors look pristine, so at least the OEM pads are rotor 'friendly.
The only change I've made to the brakes is to have the fluid exchanged to Castrol SRF; although I might switch to the Endless 650 product soon as some of the Porsche guys state that there is less pedal 'compressibility' with it versus the SRF.

Seats: Not the greatest I'm afraid for stability on a road course. I spent a lot of energy holding myself as still as possible in the car even with the side bolsters as tight as I could tolerate them. A half cage; harnesses and a HANS would be the best way to spend less time fighting to keep yourself in a good driving position. The OEM seat belts don't have a locking function which is surprising as that would certainly help a little.

All in all I've never been faster and felt more comfortable driving a car rapidly on a road course, and I've been doing HPDEs for a long time. The car is a 'rocket ship', and if you ever get the chance to take yours, or someone else's (lol), to a road course, for God sake do it.

Bish
Interesting comments re:tyres I haven’t run the ZPs but assumed they would be stickier and nothing else.

I haven’t seen much available as aftermarket wheels(and certainly nothing I’d want to run). I must admit I’ve stopped looking though.

re seats, surely a set of recaro pole positions would be a good shout? You could probably get the AMG trimmed ones from MB Europe too.

Like a lot of quick road cars these days, you find yourself passing race cars with full safety systems and your sitting there listening to the radio in a 3-point. If manufacturers are going to build cars this fast then they need to look more closely at safety.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60

Interesting comments re:tyres I haven’t run the ZPs but assumed they would be stickier and nothing else.

I haven’t seen much available as aftermarket wheels(and certainly nothing I’d want to run). I must admit I’ve stopped looking though.

re seats, surely a set of recaro pole positions would be a good shout? You could probably get the AMG trimmed ones from MB Europe too.

Like a lot of quick road cars these days, you find yourself passing race cars with full safety systems and your sitting there listening to the radio in a 3-point. If manufacturers are going to build cars this fast then they need to look more closely at safety.
I agree with everything you stated. The closing speed between our cars and other vehicles on track can be pretty astounding; you really need to make sure the driver in front knows you’re coming by pulling out a little when still a way behind so they’ll see you in their wing mirrors. Well that’s if the noise of the engine/exhaust hasn’t alerted them! lol
Old 06-05-2018, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Regarding ZP Tires, Did you guys see the video of the 2019 Corvette Pace Car Wreck by a GM executive?

Based on Bish’s writeup, I am wondering if the rear came around at they say 80-90 mph because of loss of traction caused by the ZP Tires.

Stay Tuned.......
Old 06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Regarding ZP Tires, Did you guys see the video of the 2019 Corvette Pace Car Wreck by a GM executive?

Based on Bish’s writeup, I am wondering if the rear came around at they say 80-90 mph because of loss of traction caused by the ZP Tires.

Stay Tuned.......
Loss of talent more like Jerry! lol. Apparently there is a significant bump in the track at that point, and he was WOT in Track mode with all ‘nannies’ turned off. A recipe for disaster. The tyres themselves do like some heat in them like all ultra high performance tyres, but with a decent ambient temp you’ve still got a lot of grip. Well until you unleash 750hp into them! lol

Bish
The following users liked this post:
JSwan724 (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Stay Tuned.......
I use the ZP tires on my weekend track car.. they need to get warmed up well and die off when super hot...

Loss of talent more like Jerry! lol. Apparently there is a significant bump in the track at that point, and he was WOT in Track mode with all ‘nannies’ turned off. A recipe for disaster. The tyres themselves do like some heat in them like all ultra high performance tyres, but with a decent ambient temp you’ve still got a lot of grip. Well until you unleash 750hp into them! lol

Bish
yup 100%
Old 06-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Bish
pads? gonna try the pagids?

I feel the same way with most oem competition seats.. spent the extra on some and I'm still sliding around
Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
pads? gonna try the pagids?

I feel the same way with most oem competition seats.. spent the extra on some and I'm still sliding around
Shalul do you have the info on the Pagids handy?

If so I’ll get them for sure.

Bish

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recent track experience with GTR.