Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaguar f-type s, CL600 (08) , cadillac ATS, Volkswagen phaeton
Question AMG GTR Qustions

Hello guys. New to the forums here. Hope everyone is having a nice day

i'm planning on getting an AMG GTR

so i'm planing on maybe driving it 1000 miles weekly or sometimes less, how viable is that?, currently i have the jaguar f type as a somewhat DD and it's comfortable for me

i drive twice a week on the highway to get to work (as in the weekends i return to my town, and on week days back to the city, Dubai if your curious)

would other GTR owners recommend it as a DD? and what problems with the car have you encountered? any small experiences/problems with the car would be appreciated

PS; not looking for a 4 door car as a DD or would have gone with the new G class
Old 07-04-2018, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by MBK7288

so i'm planing on maybe driving it 1000 miles weekly or sometimes less, how viable is that?, currently i have the jaguar f type as a somewhat DD and it's comfortable for me

i drive twice a week on the highway to get to work (as in the weekends i return to my town, and on week days back to the city, Dubai if your curious)

would other GTR owners recommend it as a DD? and what problems with the car have you encountered? any small experiences/problems with the car would be appreciated

PS; not looking for a 4 door car as a DD or would have gone with the new G class
You will enjoy it. I think there is another of your country men on the site here who took delivery nearly a year ago. He experienced a few issues initially and some frustration with the dealer but nothing lately.

I always wondered if the sand and dust was a major issue there. Frequent changing of the turbo intake filters would seem to be necessary.

Enjoy.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
1,000 miles weekly? Wow, that sure will be a ton of miles over the course of a year, which will of course severely hurt resale when you go to sell/trade it, I’m assuming after a year or two? I for one would never subject the car to that type of mileage purely as a means to get me from A to B; there are far, far better commuter vehicles.

That being said if your roads are pristine; (I’m assuming they are in Dubai), then the GT R is fine as a DD, although the seats could do with a little more padding for longer journeys imho.

Nothing has gone wrong with my GT R after 7 months, but my mileage is only at 2500 currently of which about 600 miles is of the track variety.

Bish

Last edited by thebishman; 07-04-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GT
Originally Posted by MBK7288

Unless u are planning on tracking the car u might be better with a GT(S). I was looking at Jag F Type before I purchased the GT and the GT blows the F type away in comfort, power, transmission a much better driving experience for me anyways
Old 07-05-2018, 04:44 AM

not planning on selling the car, i get emotionally attached to my cars. unless it had a lot of problems. i mean i own a 2008 cl600, w216 i think, for 10+ years it's almost worthless now with 150k miles on it

I've had the f type for around 6-7 months (since January) and just yesterday it hit 19000 miles. i don't know but every while i like driving the car for 3 to 6 hours of pointless driving to abandoned roads
Old 07-05-2018, 04:50 AM

i thought of the GTS it's just the GTR looks way better. thought of the GTC coupe since it's almost the same as the gtr but price wise doesn't make sense since it just ~20k difference btween the C and R, i'm not sure but last i checked the 50th anniversary GTC was more expensive than the GTR (at least in my country)
Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
go for it...
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Honestly driving that much per weeks maybe get the sport seat imo.

of course the Recaro PP seats looks way better and are cooler but for long drive not the best imo. I just drive almost 1300 km in 2 days and it gets some use to.

Unless you track the car , get the sports seat and no track package, the rear roll cage is incredible but not so great for daily driving around the city !
Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Originally Posted by sno
go for it...
+1
Old 07-10-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
SLS AMG BS, G63, GT-R and others.
If you're going to drive that much you might as well enjoy every second of it and the GTR is like a drug. The sound, the steering feedback, the speed and the looks. The seats are pretty horrible especially if you are tall but otherwise an awesome car I wish I could DD.