Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about noise and music

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
Corvette C8 997S, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve BMW 750 S560 Coupe
My neighbor who I helped buy his first Ferrari (a FF) told me I buy more cars in a year than most guys buy pairs of socks. Up until then I never really thought what I do is that different (like I said I don't see things like normal people). I don't like sports cars that are too perfect, I passed on building a 488 (keeping my 430), I test drove a NXS twice, it was boring. It is a great car just too damn perfect. I love my 4C, and my Evora 400 because they are so quirky (and imperfect), but they are amazing to drive. My 911 is one of a kind and they call it widowmaker (2400lbs 650hp and no traction controls), Even my girlfriend drives a 718 Cayman S, and she wants to drive the GTS as well (she does not like the other sports cars and she cant seem to get the F1 to shift as well as I can so she does not drive the 430). I also have a few more cars that are in storage until November. I have come to see myself as a car lover like most of you, but just a bit over the edge.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:33 PM

I pulled the trigger this morning ,I found one with all the options I wanted and the right color combo. Horseless carriage is picking it up next week, though it probably will not be here before the end of the month
Old 07-19-2018, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
A lot of triggers man. Do share when received. Congrats
Old 07-19-2018, 05:05 PM

Old 07-19-2018, 08:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GT
Talking

Originally Posted by carnut1
Congrats
#469 and counting!!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Carnut,

468 seems a little exaggerated. If you have been buying cars for 40 years that would amount to a car a month. I couldn’t even name 468 cars .

The transactions to buy/ sell the cars would occupy a large portion of your time. You would have had the car for a month, barely have driven it and you’d move on to the next.The time investment to enjoy the car and have an appreciation for it intricacies would be immense .

Some of of us have real jobs and we can only juggle 2-4 cars at a time . I’m glad that your rich and don’t need to work . I get the inference . I’m not impressed.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:09 AM

I am sorry if I offended you, but being autistic I do not understand how anything I said could offend someone. My day starts at 4am, I write (working on my 5th novel), then I workout, go to work. I only sleep a few hours a day. When I was in my 20's I was homeless and lived on the streets and begged for food. I have scars on my body from being stabbed, as well as beater with a baseball bat for my shoes. I can tell you one thing I doubt most people would have survived what I have lived through, and I started my companies because not many people would hire someone who never made it past the 8th grade. Someone once told me Men are envious of other men because of what they have and women are envious of other woman because of the way they look. I am incapable of envy, jealousy, hatred, and most of the emotions that cloud the minds of normal people. I merely state facts, do not judge me because I will not judge you.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda RX-8
Thank you all for the feedback.
By the way I am 5'7" (159 lb) so I don't think I would have a problem with the AMG GT in that respect.
From the feedback it appears that most of you think the car is going to be a little too loud to enjoy a peaceful daily commute so I guess the issue is just to accept that an sport car is going to be loud no matter what and deal with it or change my car options to something a little less sporty and a little more quiet. Based on some of you experiences with other Mercedes cars do you think that the AMG GT-63 would be any different, meaning equally loud? I know that car is not out but I think I could wait until early next year if needed.
Thanks again,
TopQ
Old 07-20-2018, 05:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GT
Originally Posted by TopQ
Thank you all for the feedback.
By the way I am 5'7" (159 lb) so I don't think I would have a problem with the AMG GT in that respect.
From the feedback it appears that most of you think the car is going to be a little too loud to enjoy a peaceful daily commute so I guess the issue is just to accept that an sport car is going to be loud no matter what and deal with it or change my car options to something a little less sporty and a little more quiet. Based on some of you experiences with other Mercedes cars do you think that the AMG GT-63 would be any different, meaning equally loud? I know that car is not out but I think I could wait until early next year if needed.
Thanks again,
TopQ
The car in comfort mode with the exhaust closed is quiet... not loud at all IMHO
Old 07-20-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 AMG GT S
Originally Posted by cproGT
The car in comfort mode with the exhaust closed is quiet... not loud at all IMHO
Exactly