Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg GTS Edition one
Carbon Ceramic breaks problem , i need help

Hi guys

I have a 2016 amg gts with CCB ,
The car has only 10k/km and i noticed the break pedal shakes a and also the steering wheel when I do a hard break at low speed 60-0 km/h , at that time i feel like the car is not breaking and i hear a sound like abs working or somthing is hard to explain it .

when i do hard breaks from 150km-0 it works better and nothing happen , so most of the time this happen only at low speed , if i break jently also nothing happen .

I dont know what is the problem exactlly because i dont track the car .

thanks guys for your help .

Last edited by Michael2; 07-25-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 339 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by Michael2
Hi guys

I have a 2016 amg gts with CCB ,
The car has only 10k/km and i noticed the break pedal shakes a and also the steering wheel when I do a hard break at low speed 60-0 km/h , at that time i feel like the car is not breaking and i hear a sound like abs working or somthing is hard to explain it .

when i do hard breaks from 150km-0 it works better and nothing happen , so most of the time this happen only at low speed , if i break jently also nothing happen .

I dont know what is the problem exactlly because i dont track the car .

thanks guys for your help .
It sure sounds like a warped brake rotor or two. Your dealership or brake shop should be able to find the reason for the shake.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:47 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Originally Posted by California John
It sure sounds like a warped brake rotor or two. Your dealership or brake shop should be able to find the reason for the shake.

thanks for the reply , can you please explaine to me if the rotor is wraped like you said do you think it can be fixed or it need to be replaced ?
Also do you have any idea of it price in europe ?

I want to be informed before i take it to the dealer because its far from my town .

Old 07-26-2018, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 AMG SL63
thanks for the reply , can you please explaine to me if the rotor is wraped like you said do you think it can be fixed or it need to be replaced ?
Also do you have any idea of it price in europe ?

I want to be informed before i take it to the dealer because its far from my town .
Brake rotors typically need to be replaced and not merely resurfaced to be safely free of warping and retain necessary thickness and integrity. Carbon ceramics tend to quite expensive...don't know costs...but you could try a search online. I hope I am wrong and it is something else and comparatively inexpensive.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:07 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Brake rotors typically need to be replaced and not merely resurfaced to be safely free of warping and retain necessary thickness and integrity. Carbon ceramics tend to quite expensive...don't know costs...but you could try a search online. I hope I am wrong and it is something else and comparatively inexpensive.
thank you very much for your answer
Old 07-26-2018, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Does warping apply to CCB? I thought it was a steel rotor thing.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:50 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
You can’t warp a CCB rotor.

I would imagine you’ve got something on the surface of the pad or disc. Take it to a shop and get them to inspect.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:36 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Ok , this new answer make a smile on my face after checking the prices of the CC rotors .

can anyone else confirm please if the CCBs rotors can also get wraped or not ?

thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 07:13 AM

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Solarbeam Yellow 2016 AMG GTS
Ok , this new answer make a smile on my face after checking the prices of the CC rotors .

can anyone else confirm please if the CCBs rotors can also get wraped or not ?

thanks
CCB rotors cannot warp; they are too hard and brittle for that. They will crack at best. There still might be a crack. Perform a visual. Get it inspected. And yes, CCB rotors are $11k or so for a full (4x) replacement. (That is why I got the steel edition.)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:30 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Thank you guys for the help
Old 07-26-2018, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
You can’t warp a CCB rotor.

I would imagine you’ve got something on the surface of the pad or disc. Take it to a shop and get them to inspect.
Sorry I passed along some old knowledge with steel rotors that I haphazardly applied. My mistake.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Make sure that you aren't washing the CCM rotors with strong soaps, or other detergents; they hate that.

Check your brake pads to make sure they aren't highly worn or tapered in any way; if so, replace.

It definitely sounds to me as WhiteBlack mentions, that you have an uneven deposition of brake pad material on the face of the rotor(s). You need to do a sequence of high speed decelerations to try and even out the pad material on the rotor face. Do not engage ABS and do not come to a complete halt.

If none of the above seem to work or be the answer, head to your local dealership as hopefully you're still in warranty.

Good luck,

Bish
Old 07-27-2018, 01:56 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Originally Posted by thebishman
Make sure that you aren't washing the CCM rotors with strong soaps, or other detergents; they hate that.

Check your brake pads to make sure they aren't highly worn or tapered in any way; if so, replace.

It definitely sounds to me as WhiteBlack mentions, that you have an uneven deposition of brake pad material on the face of the rotor(s). You need to do a sequence of high speed decelerations to try and even out the pad material on the rotor face. Do not engage ABS and do not come to a complete halt.

If none of the above seem to work or be the answer, head to your local dealership as hopefully you're still in warranty.

Good luck,

Bish

thanks , i toke the car today to a garage to do an eye checking for the rotors and the brake pads and luckly there is no crack or anything , also the brake pads looks like new as the car has only 10k and it was never tracked .

Before i wrote this post here in the forums i did couple of hard brakes 150-0 i did it like 5 or 6 times , it is enough or should i do more to try to clean the rotor ?

i use couple of producs to clean like the tires shine spray and also for the rims , maybe i should stop sprayig directly ?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
thanks , i toke the car today to a garage to do an eye checking for the rotors and the brake pads and luckly there is no crack or anything , also the brake pads looks like new as the car has only 10k and it was never tracked .

Before i wrote this post here in the forums i did couple of hard brakes 150-0 i did it like 5 or 6 times , it is enough or should i do more to try to clean the rotor ?

i use couple of producs to clean like the tires shine spray and also for the rims , maybe i should stop sprayig directly ?
You can certainly try some more high speed decelerations; just make sure you don’t come to a complete stop and that ABS doesn’t kick in.

with the cleaning products you need to spray them on the cloth/sponge then use them on the wheel/tyre.
The following users liked this post:
Michael2 (09-12-2019)
Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 AM

Amg GTS Edition one
Originally Posted by thebishman

You can certainly try some more high speed decelerations; just make sure you don’t come to a complete stop and that ABS doesn’t kick in.

with the cleaning products you need to spray them on the cloth/sponge then use them on the wheel/tyre.
Thanks man for your help .