changing the OEM wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:41 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
changing the OEM wing

So I ordered a new larger wing in CF (did not want it in CF but no one makes one that is not) and rocker skirts for my GTS. Mine came with the OEM Aerodynamic package which as you know is the wing, side skirts and from accents. So my question is do you guys think there is a market for the OEM wing and skirt? I'm on the fence if I should sell them when the replacements come in or store them. I was going to do the rear diffuser too but changed my mind since I had to remove the rear bumper cover to do it. I will revisit it once I install these parts.

Thoughts and pic of the OEM wing

Old 09-11-2018, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
I'm sure you could sell it. My experience has been that it's always best to keep it. When you trade or sell the car, the new owner may want the car back to stock and you can sell the aftermarket parts or the stock parts (whichever they choose/want) at that time. IMHO, not worth fiddling around to sell it for a few bucks.These parts won't take up a lot of room. Just stash them somewhere for now and deal with it later.
The following users liked this post:
sno (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG GTS , AMG C43
Contact me if you decide to sell. Every OEM piece I've ever saved from a car is still in my attic. I always intend to either sell with the car or re-install before the sale, but it never happens that way to me.
The following users liked this post:
sno (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 09:21 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Originally Posted by benzbell
I'm sure you could sell it. My experience has been that it's always best to keep it. When you trade or sell the car, the new owner may want the car back to stock and you can sell the aftermarket parts or the stock parts (whichever they choose/want) at that time. IMHO, not worth fiddling around to sell it for a few bucks.These parts won't take up a lot of room. Just stash them somewhere for now and deal with it later.
Originally Posted by Petegtsv10
Contact me if you decide to sell. Every OEM piece I've ever saved from a car is still in my attic. I always intend to either sell with the car or re-install before the sale, but it never happens that way to me.
Funny thing is both of you are right. I still have OEM parts from my C63 in the garage wrapped up and I have all my C7 parts down to the spindles. I have sold some of the C7 parts but at times it is more of a hassle than anything else and I always end up on the short end of the stick when it comes to calculating shipping LOL! The wife is saying that I need to sell or toss "some crap" if I'm buying more parts. LOL what does she know. I have never sold a car to a private individual, they always end up at the dealer as a trade. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GT
Originally Posted by sno
So I ordered a new larger wing in CF (did not want it in CF but no one makes one that is not) and rocker skirts for my GTS. Mine came with the OEM Aerodynamic package which as you know is the wing, side skirts and from accents. So my question is do you guys think there is a market for the OEM wing and skirt? I'm on the fence if I should sell them when the replacements come in or store them. I was going to do the rear diffuser too but changed my mind since I had to remove the rear bumper cover to do it. I will revisit it once I install these parts.

Thoughts and pic of the OEM wing
The larger carbon wing will look great with the white car! 👍
Where did u end of purchasing wing from?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Possibly too late as it sounds like you already purchased, but I hear you on majority of companies only doing carbon fiber.....HOWEVER, there are 2 different AMG GTR style wings you can get in gloss black instead of carbon fiber. PM me if you need info.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by dlefty
Possibly too late as it sounds like you already purchased, but I hear you on majority of companies only doing carbon fiber.....HOWEVER, there are 2 different AMG GTR style wings you can get in gloss black instead of carbon fiber. PM me if you need info.
Could you post the names for us?