Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo video: AMG GTR vs Ford GT vs Gt2rs and Lotus Exige 430

Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Td33

Bish I was surprised you used such harsh language against me. It was completely unnecessary and served no purpose.

With that being said, I completely agree with you. Porsche has to do something to change this car flipping, huge mark ups and let people that will drive these cars buy them. I tried buying a new gt2rs and was sent packing. The Porsche system is broken and only hurting the brand. These cars are built for one thing. Drive the heck out of them.

The gtr was was also built to be driven and enjoyed as your doing.
Knowing Dave as long as I have (Bish) I can only gather it came from frustration and nothing personal was intended. Its clear that his passion for the car he owns shines through and sometimes we all want to just say something that might not be construed as classy in later moments. And you are correct, you have not come here with personal insults but it is a Benz site so you will get some harsher responses unwarranted or not. I would expect the same at Rennlist, if not worse, if someone rolled in there with GTR comments or Benz in general.

I do applaud you for not retorting in kind.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i

again let’s look two years from today and see what these two cars are worth. The Porsche will be worth more than you paid for it. Can you say the GTR will lol.
Nice job turning this into a value thread.

Go back to Rennlist where you can whine with others about your $25K ADM for a .2 GT3RS and how you can't get PTS and CXX and is WP worth it or not.

Value threads have ruined Rennlist and there's no need to pollute mbworld with the same BS.

P.S. Own a GT3 so can post about Porsche.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Vic55
Knowing Dave as long as I have (Bish) I can only gather it came from frustration and nothing personal was intended. Its clear that his passion for the car he owns shines through and sometimes we all want to just say something that might not be construed as classy in later moments. And you are correct, you have not come here with personal insults but it is a Benz site so you will get some harsher responses unwarranted or not. I would expect the same at Rennlist, if not worse, if someone rolled in there with GTR comments or Benz in general.

I do applaud you for not retorting in kind.

You know us bloody Brits love to swear; it’s a national curse! lol

And you summed up my post succinctly as you are wont to do: this is a site for and about Mercedes Benz vehicles, yes, occasional warts and all, but it becomes frustrating to me as a 100% satisfied owner of an AMG when a poster continuously slags off a specific car and/or brand. The car/brand isn’t perfect we all know that, but throwing accelerated depreciation posts at owner’s is it’s own form of ‘abuse’.

That being said: has anyone checked depreciation on Porsche’s other than the GT variants? Gulp! lol
Old 09-24-2018, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
There was so much animosity on the GTR that began years ago (with JR Cart) that it would be just a rebadged and retuned GT. But AMG did so much more and it pisses me off that a lot of folks can’t even acknowledge that fact no matter what.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Bottom line - the GTR is a lot of car for the loot. Love mine.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I agree, I hate to see "track bread" street cars that are up for sale years later with under 1000 miles on them, from any brand. When was the last time you have seen a 488 or a Performante at the track? I have seen 1 Peformante and it was cool that the owner was tracking it and tracking it pretty hard.
I think the GTR is a great bargain for the performance it offers, same with the ZR1, but to be honest, out of the 4 in this video, the Lotus looks like a blast to drive and I would love to track it. If that thing was a little cheaper I might throw that in the stable and use it just to track(I think 100k is too much for it).
For 30k you could buy a used Lotus Exige, throw 30k into it and it will smoke every car in that group..
Old 09-25-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by thebishman

You know us bloody Brits love to swear; it’s a national curse! lol

And you summed up my post succinctly as you are wont to do: this is a site for and about Mercedes Benz vehicles, yes, occasional warts and all, but it becomes frustrating to me as a 100% satisfied owner of an AMG when a poster continuously slags off a specific car and/or brand. The car/brand isn’t perfect we all know that, but throwing accelerated depreciation posts at owner’s is it’s own form of ‘abuse’.

That being said: has anyone checked depreciation on Porsche’s other than the GT variants? Gulp! lol
Water under the bridge for me. I understand your frustration with me, but I have been heavily invested and loved this brand for years. Was a very proud owner. Just don’t like the direction they have taken. Still looking at buying the BS when it comes out. This is why I stay connected. Unless we speak our minds what will ever change. Like the guy who has his car at the dealership for six weeks for a steering issues with his GT. Parts show up and they’re broken. Car could potentially sit for three months. To me this is unexceptionable.

As as far as depreciation regarding Porsche. I have a 17 911 turbo s cab with 4000k miles. Car is two plus years old. About one month ago I was looking at a Lamborghini and was offered 175k trade value. I paid 190k. Called my Porsche dealer to get another opinion. GM said they would give me 170k on a trade. So the worse end I lost 20k in over two years of ownership. Not bad.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Water under the bridge for me. I understand your frustration with me, but I have been heavily invested and loved this brand for years. Was a very proud owner. Just don’t like the direction they have taken. Still looking at buying the BS when it comes out. This is why I stay connected. Unless we speak our minds what will ever change. Like the guy who has his car at the dealership for six weeks for a steering issues with his GT. Parts show up and they’re broken. Car could potentially sit for three months. To me this is unexceptionable.

As as far as depreciation regarding Porsche. I have a 17 911 turbo s cab with 4000k miles. Car is two plus years old. About one month ago I was looking at a Lamborghini and was offered 175k trade value. I paid 190k. Called my Porsche dealer to get another opinion. GM said they would give me 170k on a trade. So the worse end I lost 20k in over two years of ownership. Not bad.

So you lost $20k and only drove the car 4,000 mi., it must be nice.
It's funny when people buy cars they don't drive, lose $20k in two years and think they are winning...

Old 09-25-2018, 12:34 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by ronin amg
So you lost $20k and only drove the car 4,000 mi., it must be nice.
It's funny when people buy cars they don't drive, lose $20k in two years and think they are winning...
This is just a fun car for me so I don’t drive everyday or in inclement weather. I wouldn’t say 4000 miles is not driving the car. Didn’t buy the car to win anything. Have enjoyed every trouble free mile in this beast.

car is two years and five months old so not bad at all with only losing 20k. Could have traded for a 15k lose, but again I could care less. I was just trying to answer the the aforementioned post about Porsche depreciation.

BTW if your interested there’s a fantastic 2018 AMG G65 with only 1600 miles for sale. My friend almost bought it at 160k. MSRP over 230k. Let’s talk depreciation!
Old 09-25-2018, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is just a fun car for me so I don’t drive everyday or in inclement weather. I wouldn’t say 4000 miles is not driving the car. Didn’t buy the car to win anything. Have enjoyed every trouble free mile in this beast.

car is two years and five months old so not bad at all with only losing 20k. Could have traded for a 15k lose, but again I could care less. I was just trying to answer the the aforementioned post about Porsche depreciation.

BTW if your interested there’s a fantastic 2018 AMG G65 with only 1600 miles for sale. My friend almost bought it at 160k. MSRP over 230k. Let’s talk depreciation!
The very last thing I would ever look at would be a Beverly Hills soccer moms AMG G65
Who buys a sports car to drive and gives a damn about depreciation...?
Drivers buy cars to drive, after all that's why we buy them in the first place..

Last edited by ronin amg; 09-25-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:03 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by ronin amg
The very last thing I would ever look at would be a Beverly Hills soccer moms AMG G65
Who buys a sports car to drive and gives a damn about depreciation...?
Drivers buy cars to drive, after all that's why we buy them in the first place..
couldn’t agree with you more. Could care less about the depreciation in my sports car. I just enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
ronin amg (09-25-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60

couldn’t agree with you more. Could care less about the depreciation in my sports car. I just enjoy!

Please go back and read post #26. Then look up ‘hypocrite’ in Webster’s.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
There was so much animosity on the GTR that began years ago (with JR Cart) that it would be just a rebadged and retuned GT. But AMG did so much more and it pisses me off that a lot of folks can’t even acknowledge that fact no matter what.
great point I fully agree Sir.

honnestly, anybody who both drove the « regular GT » and the GT R amg should be objective and admit the truth!

Amg did an insane job on the gt r , this track machine is absolutely unbelievable around the track and even more considering the weight.

imo the only real negative aspect of the car is the weight.

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 09-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:53 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by thebishman

Please go back and read post #26. Then look up ‘hypocrite’ in Webster’s.

I was referring to the gt2rs not regular 911 cars, which I own, if you read my post and the ones before.

You continue to attack me with no justification and you look more and more foolish, but it’s ok. Maybe your having a bad week.

Hoping you have a blessed day!