Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any GT owners having issues with in Vehicle Internet?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:18 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Any GT owners having issues with in Vehicle Internet?

Yesterday my internet service in the car stopped connecting to the net. My phone connects to the car but the car will not connect to the net. On my phone it says that no internet may be available. Called MBrace and they sent a re-set and nothing this morning, did a search on here and no real information. Thoughts, feedback? does anyone know where the module / antenna is?

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
There’s internet in the car?????

i use mine for driving.
The following users liked this post:
MalibuScott (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
It’s shi ity 3g technology.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by sno
Yesterday my internet service in the car stopped connecting to the net. My phone connects to the car but the car will not connect to the net. On my phone it says that no internet may be available. Called MBrace and they sent a re-set and nothing this morning, did a search on here and no real information. Thoughts, feedback? does anyone know where the module / antenna is?

Thanks.
Mine won't connect even when it's parked next to my wagon that is connected... Waste of money for the subscription ..
Old 10-05-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 519 Likes on 286 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Our Audio ( speakers) stopped working the other day and had to do a total av reset. It is accessed in the vehicle heading settings if I recall. All was well after the reset.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 337 Likes on 192 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by sno

Thanks.
I was told by a service advisor that the "internet service" actually has to connect back to Germany and the signal comes from there! German IPs owned by MB! My last three cars have all been the same with virtually no internet connection via the built in apps. However with my phone there is fast ubiquitous internet so I don't care. MB is traditionally very late to the party in these things. We still don't have CarPlay! My wife's Bolt has CarPlay. The $20K Chevy rental I had when I did the AMG driving school at Laguna Seca had CarPlay!
The following 2 users liked this post by California John:
MalibuScott (10-05-2018), ronin amg (10-06-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 01:51 PM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Originally Posted by California John
I was told by a service advisor that the "internet service" actually has to connect back to Germany and the signal comes from there! German IPs owned by MB! My last three cars have all been the same with virtually no internet connection via the built in apps. However with my phone there is fast ubiquitous internet so I don't care. MB is traditionally very late to the party in these things. We still don't have CarPlay! My wife's Bolt has CarPlay. The $20K Chevy rental I had when I did the AMG driving school at Laguna Seca had CarPlay!
John you are correct. I was told the same thing when they escalated the case up to level 2. What I am happy to say is that they did fix the service. They had to send some code to the car and update something on the server.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Well, my in-car internet/wifi hot spot does not work. Today my dealer tells me that my car has NTG 5.5 and I need NTG 6.0 and there is not software upgrade available. Okay, so wait...Internet is covered in my manual, specifically for my AMG GTS and now MB is telling me that it is not available. They tried to make it sound like an option. To my knowledge, the only option is whether you choose to pay for the service or not. What B.S.! Anyone else know any differently?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 337 Likes on 192 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by Cutlass476
Well, my in-car internet/wifi hot spot does not work. Today my dealer tells me that my car has NTG 5.5 and I need NTG 6.0 and there is not software upgrade available. Okay, so wait...Internet is covered in my manual, specifically for my AMG GTS and now MB is telling me that it is not available. They tried to make it sound like an option. To my knowledge, the only option is whether you choose to pay for the service or not. What B.S.! Anyone else know any differently?
I'm not sure what the in-car internet wi-fi would mean. Does that mean MB provides the internet signal? If so, the internet that comes via MB is the worst. It originates in Germany. Slow, slow, slow. All traffic is routed back and forth via the Fatherland. If on the other hand your phone's data connection is supposed to provide the signal for the wi-fi at least then you would have a chance at a good connection. It sure does sound like you were misled.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Originally Posted by Cutlass476
Most of these services for most makes are spotty at best. It's just a way for them to try and grab some extra cash.

Rule #1: Drive the dang car.
Rule #2: Just use your phone which you pay for and works 99% of the time.