2016 AMG GTS with P71 Dynamic Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts
GLE400, 2017 Porsche 911S
2016 AMG GTS with P71 Dynamic Package

Hello and happy Holidays to all.
I am looking at a 2016 AMG GTS with very low miles (under 5k) with a sticker around 143k and clean Carfax. I have a few questions:
It has the AMG P71 Dynamic plus package. Could someone explain slightly more in dept what this package is and will it have a setting that would allow the car to have the same comfort mode setting as an AMG GTS without that package? Also, if the car is in immaculate condition, what should I offer. It is being sold by a reputable dealer who sells high end pre-owned sports cars.
And, I plan on getting a PPI on the car. Is it advisable to get it at a Mercedes dealership or independent shop if there is a good one around.
Thank you for your input!
Old 11-25-2018, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
1. The Dynamic Plus does havescomfort mode. I use it to drive around town.

2. PPF is best done by an expert detailing shop. The dealer either does a bad job or subcontracts the work out to a detail shop and you pay a mark up.

3. That price is waaaaaay high for a 2016 with 5k miles. That car is soft. The price should be closer to 96k.

check out autotrader used. There are a ton of GTRs, GTCs and 2018 GTSs and convertibles that were dumped with low miles with the start of the cold season
Old 11-25-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Magno silver amg gt
Originally Posted by thecutter64
1. The Dynamic Plus does havescomfort mode. I use it to drive around town.

2. PPF is best done by an expert detailing shop. The dealer either does a bad job or subcontracts the work out to a detail shop and you pay a mark up.

3. That price is waaaaaay high for a 2016 with 5k miles. That car is soft. The price should be closer to 96k.

check out autotrader used. There are a ton of GTRs, GTCs and 2018 GTSs and convertibles that were dumped with low miles with the start of the cold season
This response is all over the place, PPI is pre purchase inspection, has nothing to do with detailing... That was the sticker price, not asking price... I would offer $90k-$95k
Old 11-25-2018, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
I thought he wa asking about Paint Protective Film( PPF). I had no clue that PPI was an acronym.

in my world , PPI is Proton Pump Inhibitor.

The rest of my response is on target and numbered to correspond to his issues. It is not all over the place.
The following users liked this post:
Mako1969 (06-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2018, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by wings02
I am looking at a 2016 AMG GTS with very low miles (under 5k) with a sticker around 143k and clean Carfax. I have a few questions:
It has the AMG P71 Dynamic plus package. Could someone explain slightly more in dept what this package is and will it have a setting that would allow the car to have the same comfort mode setting as an AMG GTS without that package? Also, if the car is in immaculate condition, what should I offer. It is being sold by a reputable dealer who sells high end pre-owned sports cars.
And, I plan on getting a PPI on the car. Is it advisable to get it at a Mercedes dealership or independent shop if there is a good one around.
If the dealer is reputable and you agree on a price I would ask for this: get a PPI at a MB dealership that has an AMG tech, AND negotiate a CPO as part of the deal. Excellent ‘insurance’ IMHO.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by wings02
With or without Dynamic +: Had a 2016 gts without dynamic + package as my daily for 3 months. Then got into a 2016 gts with dynamic + package as my daily for 12 months. I find that they are almost identical in driving, except when at the limit of cornering, for example, I felt that I was about to lose control of the car without the package. Interior styling with package has the dials (circle around speedo and rpm) yellow instead of red. And steering wheel in alcantara (can be had without dynamic plus package but with exclusive interior package at $3,600 listed in sticker). Mbusa.com said the dynamic + has a wider power band in race mode and manual mode.

PPI: I shopped around for PPI (for a 2015 g wagon) to be done by a Mercedes dealer. Went with the cheapest offer ($325), but with the more thorough check between 2 PPI options. The PPI was done in 2 hours and was mainly checking the car’s computers, condition, and any repairs. They gave me 13 page report on the results: battery condition, computer checks, brakes & tire condition, fluids, etc.

You could get an independent inspection from a 3rd party. They cost around $200-$400. Used these 2 companies before: automobile inspections and TrueFame.

Worth how much? I would not pay more than $95,000 including 1 year of CPO (ask if u could extend to the max 3 years and how much it would cost). I understand that only 1st owner could get CPO or mercedes dealer can provide CPO when selling car to a subsequent owner. Without CPO I would not offer more than $90,000. Good luck!