MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   GTC cooler screens (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/729052-gtc-cooler-screens.html)

DriveAMG 12-03-2018 09:25 AM

GTC cooler screens

Morning all! Can anyone who’s taken delivery of a 19 GTC see if the front left and right coolers have the protective screens on them? If so can you PM me the last 8 digits of your vin so I can order them as well or alternately see if the part numbers match up with the part numbers for the screens in the other thread!

Thanks in advance!

550x2 12-03-2018 04:36 PM

Yes they do have the screens. I was happy to see them when I got my car last week.

chris135b 12-03-2018 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Absolutely! This was good to see.
Attachment 418783

-C

Katie22 12-04-2018 08:04 AM

Yea I want them for my 18 GTC

JSwan724 12-04-2018 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Katie22 (Post 7620508)
Yea I want them for my 18 GTC

You may have already read my posts in the other topic area. We are continuing to experience a delay in obtaining information from MB US on this issue.

I ordered the screens and my dealer is currently waiting on MB authorization for what was to be a free install and parts for GTR’S. I honestly don’t know about GTC’S.

The other unanswered question is do they install easily or does the front bumper have to be removed.

emericr 12-04-2018 11:55 AM

Would love to know if this can be retroffited to GT(S) and how hard the install is.

SDAutoSalon 12-18-2018 02:20 PM

Im looking into these as we speak. Ill see if I am able to source an actual part number for this grill. Has anyone had any luck finding it or obtaining the part number?

sno 12-18-2018 02:26 PM

anybody know why my 18 GTS came with only one on the passenger side?

JSwan724 12-18-2018 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=SDAutoSalon;7633140]Im looking into these as we speak. Ill see if I am able to source an actual part number for this grill. Has anyone had any luck findingof was he screebs with it or obtaining the part number?[/part numvwr.

QUOTE]

Look at my other post and you’ll see a picture of the screens and part number.

It take removal of the bumper and 4 hours labor to install them. I am not going out of pocket to do it.

Regards

thebishman 12-18-2018 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=JSwan724;7633264]

Originally Posted by SDAutoSalon (Post 7633140)
Im looking into these as we speak. Ill see if I am able to source an actual part number for this grill. Has anyone had any luck findingof was he screebs with it or obtaining the part number?[/part numvwr.

QUOTE]

Look at my other post and you’ll see a picture of the screens and part number.

It take removal of the bumper and 4 hours labor to install them. I am not going out of pocket to do it.

Regards

Jerry,

Did you get anywhere asking MB via your dealership regarding paying for the install on our '18's?

Bish

JSwan724 12-18-2018 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=thebishman;7633334]

Originally Posted by JSwan724 (Post 7633264)

Jerry,

Did you get anywhere asking MB via your dealership regarding paying for the install on our '18's?

Bish

Bish:

I was at my dealer today about the current status of this and the Track Pack. They have tried to obtain information from several sources and are unsuccessful at this point.

They advised that the front bumper needs to come off and the labor to install is 4 hours. The parts are about $20 each side. Some owners have gone out of pocket for the install but I won’t.

They recommend that I (we) contact the MB CAC (800) 222-0100 and request their help for current information and or a solution.

UPDATE 12/19 3:13pm Don’t bother calling the CAC for either issue. They just give you the same run around and NO useful information as usual.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas

Jerry

SDAutoSalon 12-18-2018 07:02 PM

got them ordered. thank you for the quick response.
Also what did you mean by you're not going out of pocket to do it?

Once I got them in I was thinking of doing a quick write up unless someone already has written one up. :y

SDAutoSalon 12-18-2018 07:03 PM

also, was the part number the same for both sides? Im assuming its the same piece you just flip it over depending on if its the right or left side correct?

DriveAMG 12-19-2018 01:09 PM

Parts are easy...

Install is about $300 up here if you know a competent body shop. I’m gonna pay out of pocket that way I know it’s done and they are in. Not having any protection is just nuts.

SDAutoSalon 12-19-2018 02:04 PM

California price tag for these is $49.99 each. same part number for both sides. Painting these black chrome before installing. Ill post pictures later. :y

JSwan724 12-19-2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SDAutoSalon (Post 7633431)
got them ordered. thank you for the quick response.
Also what did you mean by you're not going out of pocket to do it?

Once I got them in I was thinking of doing a quick write up unless someone already has written one up. :y

These screens were to be installed free of charge for 2018 GTR owners. I don’t know about the GTC. I suggest you check with your MB Parts Dept to be sure they are designed to be installed on a GTC. The part number is the same for both screens for the ones I had ordered in for my GTR. p/n A 099 503 04 00

FOR THE GTR - Installation requires removing the bumper because the underside of the front end is enclosed and there is no other way in.

BTW: Why are you painting them black? They are already black from MB.

Regards

SDAutoSalon 12-26-2018 08:21 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...533cb2c651.jpg
front end before cooler screens

SDAutoSalon 12-26-2018 08:25 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...cf93ee891c.jpg
cooler screens after painting and installing them

thebishman 12-26-2018 08:41 PM

Can you describe in detail the installation process? In particular how the screens attach?

Thanks for any additional info.

SDAutoSalon 12-27-2018 01:17 AM

will do, I actually took a bunch of pictures as I was installing them & wasn't sure if I should post it all on here or just start a new thread.. Im also in the process of posting on Instagram and possibly a quick video on YouTube as well. Ill send updates tomorrow. As for your question on how these screens attach, there are four clips 2 on top and two on bottom that snap on to the oil cooler itself. Hopefully this picture gives you a better idea.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...92f330a801.jpg
clips snap on to the top & bottom of the oil coolers

SDAutoSalon 12-27-2018 01:25 AM

for the cooler covers they were painted a black chrome color to better match the existing black chrome on the exterior of the vehicle. There have been other mods on the interior and exterior of the vehicle that have been blacked out with a black chrome finish paint. It is a very subtle difference from the black plastic finish it comes with, I will say that it looks better in person.

thebishman 12-27-2018 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by SDAutoSalon (Post 7639351)
will do, I actually took a bunch of pictures as I was installing them & wasn't sure if I should post it all on here or just start a new thread.. Im also in the process of posting on Instagram and possibly a quick video on YouTube as well. Ill send updates tomorrow. As for your question on how these screens attach, there are four clips 2 on top and two on bottom that snap on to the oil cooler itself. Hopefully this picture gives you a better idea.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...92f330a801.jpg
clips snap on to the top & bottom of the oil coolers

So it seems that >95% of the labour involved is in removing and reinstalling the bumper cover, as it should only take minutes to clip the screens to the oil coolers. Do I have that correct?

Bish

SDAutoSalon 12-29-2018 03:34 AM

Actually no, removing the front end bumper cover and reinstalling is much less time than that. A good portion of the install is opening the enclosures surrounding the oil coolers themselves in order to free up enough space to get the screens to mount in and clip on to the coolers.

benzbell 12-29-2018 10:12 AM

I need some clarity. So if I go to the dealer with my 2018 GTR. I can ask for and get this done at no charge? Anyone had any luck or success with this? Or do you just purchase them and you're on your own?

thebishman 12-29-2018 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SDAutoSalon (Post 7640838)
Actually no, removing the front end bumper cover and reinstalling is much less time than that. A good portion of the install is opening the enclosures surrounding the oil coolers themselves in order to free up enough space to get the screens to mount in and clip on to the coolers.

I, (we?) would love to see many more pix of your install process, especially where you have to fit the screens on the coolers once the bumper cover is off.

TIA,

Bish