Sponsored by:

Track Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT
Track Experience

After having a great experience at the AMG Driving Academy at Lime Rock, CT, I was inspired to take my AMG GT on the track. I have gone to Autobahn Country Club in Illinois and Road America in Wisconsin. Both were great experiences and bring a whole new dimension to driving. I learned a lot in the classroom and on the track. I can see how this can be an expensive hobby over time due to the wear and tear on tires and brakes. That said, I may have gotten the bug!
The following 2 users liked this post by jstewperry:
California John (12-05-2018), susman@eurogermantown.com (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 06:24 AM

Received 520 Likes on 286 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Yet to take the GTC to the big track but did do autocross with it and was shocked at how stuck to the road it was. On the other hand I did take the 16 Maybach to the big track and was also pleasantly surprised how you can drive a 5300 pound car like a sports car with the push of a button to sport mode.

With all that said if I was seriously going to get into racing I think I would buy a go cart and race it. The shiftier carts are VERY fast and offer handling performance that is similar to an F1 car. Best part is they fit in the back of my van and cost very little.......

Katie
Old 12-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by Katie22
Yet to take the GTC to the big track but did do autocross with it and was shocked at how stuck to the road it was. On the other hand I did take the 16 Maybach to the big track and was also pleasantly surprised how you can drive a 5300 pound car like a sports car with the push of a button to sport mode.

With all that said if I was seriously going to get into racing I think I would buy a go cart and race it. The shiftier carts are VERY fast and offer handling performance that is similar to an F1 car. Best part is they fit in the back of my van and cost very little.......

Katie
Go KArting can become a VERY expensive hobby, very cutthroat, very competitive and time-consuming... it's hard just to go have fun in a shifter kart w/o being in a league or something I think... guess you can do test and tunes?

I did some stuff when I was younger, autocross etc... now I'm older, don't have the time and just do 6-8 track days a year.. it's relaxing to me.. like fishing for some people
Old 12-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Nice track photo thanks for sharing
The following users liked this post:
jstewperry (12-07-2018)