Sponsored by:

Dashboard replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 02:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Corvette Z06
Dashboard replacement

So I had taken my car for windshield replacement about 4 months ago as some of you suggested, very thankful for the recommendations, to get it done from the dealer only. Only to get another hit a month later and have a small crack at only at about 30-40 miles an hour and with a very small rock hit. I guess the windshields are very thin on these cars.This time I am getting the little about 4-5mm crack filled.

Long story short. I noticed the Airbag badge on the dashboard on the passenger side had been torn into 3/4, so a 1/4 piece was missing when I picked up my car last time after the windshield replacement. I didn't think much of it and thought I would mention it to the dealership when I take the car back for something else. So I took the car back to get a few things checked since it smells like gas in my garage ever since I have had this car and it was low on coolant. I just had a chat with my SA to update me with the status on the list I had given him. So he mentioned that MB doesn't make that badge to be replaced and for that they will have to replace the whole dashboard, I chuckled a little on that comment, he also mentioned they have put in the request for approval, but before he said that the thoughts in my mind were that it's not worth it. But then when he came back that they are willing to replace it if the approval comes through then I was thinking maybe? But after thinking a little more I am thinking it's not a good idea as it is not possible to put everything back as it it would've been done in the factory and there might be few creeks and sounds that develop by doing that. So I am partial on that while I thought it would be a good idea to get forum experts opinion.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts
'18 AMG GTC, '96 BMW 318i, '10 Audi Q5 (wife)
Nothing to add on the airbag badge question, but I would strongly recommend Clearplex on your windshield. I and others have mentioned it on the forum as a must have to protect your windscreen.
The following users liked this post:
GTSEdition1 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Corvette Z06
Yes I am looking into it. Appreciate your feedback.