MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   GT Edition 50 in Northern VA? (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/731559-gt-edition-50-northern-va.html)

Trice9 12-31-2018 09:16 AM

GT Edition 50 in Northern VA?

I am considering buying an edition 50 (not local). I like the graphite Grey Magno, but have only seen it in photos and would love to see it in person. Does someone in the northern Virginia area have an edition 50 with graphite grey Magno that I could see? Thank you.

thecutter64 12-31-2018 02:12 PM

Since the Edition 50’s are all used vehicles, aren’t you better off traveling to the one you are interested in buying ? That way you can check out exactly what you’re getting and not buying t sight unseen

Trice9 12-31-2018 02:21 PM

I wouldn’t be buying it sight unseen. But before I make a long journey to see it, I’d like to make a short journey to see the color. Debating that or ordering a 20.

mvb3 01-01-2019 09:21 AM

As someone who was also considering buying an Ed50, I'd suggest buying the new 20 model. The reason being that the interior of the Ed50 is no longer exclusive, and the new models can also add carbon fiber to the console (that option wasn't available before). The only thing that remains exclusive to the Ed50 is the color and the shadow chrome look. The new model has some new features that aren't a must but are "better", such as having a front camera, don't underestimate how long the bonnet is! The new Blue Magno color is very neat and you'd get actual quad exhausts. I think AMG really screwed Ed50 owners by providing the exact same interior as an option in the new model.

Trice9 01-01-2019 06:06 PM

Agree with points about buying a new 2020. I’ve heard conflicting stories about a non standard paint. I am interested in the graphite Grey Magno. Has anyone ordered a special paint color from mb? I’m very familiar with pts at Porsche, but not at mb. I saw “custom” paint is 8k with a 2500 special order charge. But another dealer told me that because this isn’t custom (ie, been available on this car before and actually currently available on the 4 door gt) that it’s not custom and it’s only a special order charge of 250 plus the cost of the paint, which presumably is like other Magno at 3950?

anyone have any experience/insight here? Thanks.

mvb3 01-02-2019 01:06 AM

250 + cost of paint? I think if that was the case, we'd be seeing a lot of different colored GTs. Just look at all the amazing colors available for the G-Class, those would have made their way to other cars if the fee was so low.
Your 8k + 2500 fee does sound more like what I've heard (that AMG needs "change everything!" in the machines just to paint YOUR car, and how that slows down their entire factory and so on) , but I haven't gone through the custom paint process myself.

The "AMG Performance Studio" is the one responsible for custom paints/choices for AMG cars.

Wolfman 01-02-2019 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Trice9 (Post 7643233)
Agree with points about buying a new 2020. I’ve heard conflicting stories about a non standard paint. I am interested in the graphite Grey Magno. Has anyone ordered a special paint color from mb? I’m very familiar with pts at Porsche, but not at mb. I saw “custom” paint is 8k with a 2500 special order charge. But another dealer told me that because this isn’t custom (ie, been available on this car before and actually currently available on the 4 door gt) that it’s not custom and it’s only a special order charge of 250 plus the cost of the paint, which presumably is like other Magno at 3950?

anyone have any experience/insight here? Thanks.

I attached the Design Manufaktur DOG that gives you all the options on customizing the car (paint & interior).

AMG 17GT 01-02-2019 03:32 PM

Very cool Wolfman thx for sharing.

susman@eurogermantown.com 01-03-2019 11:17 AM

my launch GT63S sedan will be matte graphite.. supposedly getting released in the next few weeks? unsure.. not matte but the CLS53 launch editions are graphite grey.. (can also be had in 19 C coupes and cabs)