MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   2018 Amg Gts (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/732119-2018-amg-gts.html)

Hieun2010 01-06-2019 11:38 AM

2018 Amg Gts

i just bought a 2018 Amg Gts, Iam just my 1000 miles break in. Everything drive normal. About two days ago when I turn on my engine and warm up, and I drive and often when you accelerate the gas pedal, the turbos kick in, and all I noticed the turbos doesn’t come on when I accelerate. Than when I shut the engine, I noticed it make the noise under the turbos. And I received the letter to update the Ecu. Can you guys help me out please. Thank you Iam new here .

dlefty 01-06-2019 02:15 PM

Start by going to the dealer, provide a detail of the issue, and have whatever the letter says they are going to do performed. Then ser how it is from there, but that’s what you have to do to start the process.

thecutter64 01-06-2019 02:40 PM

My car was” fine” but occasionally I had some turbo lag. I did the ECU update . Seems the car is smoother with no lag.

Trythe update but tell the dealer what’s been happening in case the update doesn’t fix the problem .

Hieun2010 01-06-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by dlefty (Post 7647285)
Start by going to the dealer, provide a detail of the issue, and have whatever the letter says they are going to do performed. Then ser how it is from there, but that’s what you have to do to start the process.

thank you, just make the appointment. Normally if you delayed or you don’t Do the ecu software update could it affect the engine performance?

thebishman 01-06-2019 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hieun2010 (Post 7647330)

thank you, just make the appointment. Normally if you delayed or you don’t Do the ecu software update could it affect the engine performance?

If there’s an ECU update it is highly doubtful that it would decrease performance and smoothness along with increasing turbo lag; so definitely get it done as the first step. Also remember that the ECU/TCU may well be adaptive in nature, i.e. ‘learning’ in nature. By that I mean, drive it aggressively and it will perform in a more robust and forceful manner; drive it like an 80 yo Grandmother and it will respond in kind.

Btw: does anyone truthfully really think that the GT series cars display true ‘turbo lag’? I find it to be a complete non-event in my GT R. Even in ‘C’ mode if I punch the throttle the gearbox drops down the appropriate number of gears and immediately the engine is ‘on the boil’.

Remember in all of these cars that you can pull and hold the left paddle and the gearbox will shift to the lowest appropriate gear along with the corresponding throttle blip. Almost instant nirvana IMHO.

Bish

dlefty 01-06-2019 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by thebishman (Post 7647345)

If there’s an ECU update it is highly doubtful that it would decrease performance and smoothness along with increasing turbo lag; so definitely get it done as the first step. Also remember that the ECU/TCU may well be adaptive in nature, i.e. ‘learning’ in nature. By that I mean, drive it aggressively and it will perform in a more robust and forceful manner; drive it like an 80 yo Grandmother and it will respond in kind.

Btw: does anyone truthfully really think that the GT series cars display true ‘turbo lag’? I find it to be a complete non-event in my GT R. Even in ‘C’ mode if I punch the throttle the gearbox drops down the appropriate number of gears and immediately the engine is ‘on the boil’.

Remember in all of these cars that you can pull and hold the left paddle and the gearbox will shift to the lowest appropriate gear along with the corresponding throttle blip. Almost instant nirvana IMHO.

Bish

Bish-as far as your “turbo lag” comment, agree 100%, its non-existent to any meaningful extent.
Now decades ago in Daytona Turbos, Talon’s, Eclipses, 3000GT Vr4’s, Supra TT’s that I would pilot.....THAT was turbo lag.