2018 Amg Gts - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Amg Gts

Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amg Gts
2018 Amg Gts

i just bought a 2018 Amg Gts, Iam just my 1000 miles break in. Everything drive normal. About two days ago when I turn on my engine and warm up, and I drive and often when you accelerate the gas pedal, the turbos kick in, and all I noticed the turbos doesn’t come on when I accelerate. Than when I shut the engine, I noticed it make the noise under the turbos. And I received the letter to update the Ecu. Can you guys help me out please. Thank you Iam new here .
Hieun2010 is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 03:15 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
dlefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 301
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
AMG GTS
Start by going to the dealer, provide a detail of the issue, and have whatever the letter says they are going to do performed. Then ser how it is from there, but that’s what you have to do to start the process.
dlefty is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 03:40 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 658
Thanked 63 Times in 53 Posts
Lexus Rx350
My car was” fine” but occasionally I had some turbo lag. I did the ECU update . Seems the car is smoother with no lag.

Trythe update but tell the dealer what’s been happening in case the update doesn’t fix the problem .
thecutter64 is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 04:09 PM
  #4  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amg Gts
Originally Posted by dlefty View Post
Start by going to the dealer, provide a detail of the issue, and have whatever the letter says they are going to do performed. Then ser how it is from there, but that’s what you have to do to start the process.
thank you, just make the appointment. Normally if you delayed or you don’t Do the ecu software update could it affect the engine performance?
Hieun2010 is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 1,318
Thanked 187 Times in 138 Posts
‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
Originally Posted by Hieun2010 View Post


thank you, just make the appointment. Normally if you delayed or you don’t Do the ecu software update could it affect the engine performance?

If there’s an ECU update it is highly doubtful that it would decrease performance and smoothness along with increasing turbo lag; so definitely get it done as the first step. Also remember that the ECU/TCU may well be adaptive in nature, i.e. ‘learning’ in nature. By that I mean, drive it aggressively and it will perform in a more robust and forceful manner; drive it like an 80 yo Grandmother and it will respond in kind.

Btw: does anyone truthfully really think that the GT series cars display true ‘turbo lag’? I find it to be a complete non-event in my GT R. Even in ‘C’ mode if I punch the throttle the gearbox drops down the appropriate number of gears and immediately the engine is ‘on the boil’.

Remember in all of these cars that you can pull and hold the left paddle and the gearbox will shift to the lowest appropriate gear along with the corresponding throttle blip. Almost instant nirvana IMHO.

Bish
thebishman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to thebishman For This Useful Post:
California John (01-08-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
dlefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 301
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
AMG GTS
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post


If there’s an ECU update it is highly doubtful that it would decrease performance and smoothness along with increasing turbo lag; so definitely get it done as the first step. Also remember that the ECU/TCU may well be adaptive in nature, i.e. ‘learning’ in nature. By that I mean, drive it aggressively and it will perform in a more robust and forceful manner; drive it like an 80 yo Grandmother and it will respond in kind.

Btw: does anyone truthfully really think that the GT series cars display true ‘turbo lag’? I find it to be a complete non-event in my GT R. Even in ‘C’ mode if I punch the throttle the gearbox drops down the appropriate number of gears and immediately the engine is ‘on the boil’.

Remember in all of these cars that you can pull and hold the left paddle and the gearbox will shift to the lowest appropriate gear along with the corresponding throttle blip. Almost instant nirvana IMHO.

Bish
Bish-as far as your “turbo lag” comment, agree 100%, its non-existent to any meaningful extent.
Now decades ago in Daytona Turbos, Talon’s, Eclipses, 3000GT Vr4’s, Supra TT’s that I would pilot.....THAT was turbo lag.
dlefty is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 Amg Gts


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: