Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RF interference with key!

Old 01-25-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
2014 S550, 2019 GTC Coupe
RF interference with key!

I was just up at Mt Wilson to work on my stations TV transmitter and the RF was so strong the key would not work! I was unable to lock or start the car using keyless go! Thankfully, I remembered the keyhole in the armrest. It still worked to start the car! So if you are ever next to a massive transmitter remember the armrest keyhole. I was thinking how long it work take for a tow truck to get up where i was and how I was going to call one because cell phones are also swamped by the RF. Thanks to my salesman for mentioning the armrest in passing!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by 550x2
I was just up at Mt Wilson to work on my stations TV transmitter and the RF was so strong the key would not work! I was unable to lock or start the car using keyless go! Thankfully, I remembered the keyhole in the armrest. It still worked to start the car! So if you are ever next to a massive transmitter remember the armrest keyhole. I was thinking how long it work take for a tow truck to get up where i was and how I was going to call one because cell phones are also swamped by the RF. Thanks to my salesman for mentioning the armrest in passing!

Good info. I hope you’ve already had children! lol

Bish
Old 01-25-2019, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by 550x2
It happened to me once at Mt. Wilson. I had to use the built in keyhole. The interference is really intense! But - what a view from Mt. Wilson today!🤗
Old 01-25-2019, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche 2017 991.2 TS,GTR amg gla 45 amg 45 amg ,ordering 2019 GTR R cpe
BIsh...................shame...shame on you......what a query..................................or not.................NACHE