Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > AMG GT
Decelerating noise from 45-12mph >

Decelerating noise from 45-12mph

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-27-2019, 02:39 PM

Ď17 AMG GT, Ď17 E300

From 45-12mph I hear a faint “wobbly squeaking noise” coming from the rear of the car, it does not change with braking and if I touch the throttle it goes away. Maybe it’s normal, maybe I should just turn the radio up. No warning lights/messages, no loss of power, no weird smells (saw that here), and the car drives great. Anyone else?

’17 AMG GT (not S), 8800 miles.

Rich

Last edited by MidlifeAMG; 01-27-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
I’d have the differential checked. A noise at the rear of the car that goes away under load could well be a diff issue.

Bish
The Following User Says Thank You to thebishman For This Useful Post:
MidlifeAMG (02-03-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 09:31 AM

AMG GT
Same issue

Originally Posted by MidlifeAMG View Post
From 45-12mph I hear a faint ďwobbly squeaking noiseĒ coming from the rear of the car, it does not change with braking and if I touch the throttle it goes away. Maybe itís normal, maybe I should just turn the radio up. No warning lights/messages, no loss of power, no weird smells (saw that here), and the car drives great. Anyone else?

í17 AMG GT (not S), 8800 miles.

Rich
Same issue here 9000 miles. Never heard it till about 8500 miles. Took it to the dealer they said itís from the transaxle and replaced it with a NEW and noise is still there. They claim itís normal which Iím not buying. The said threw out time it will make the noise so I said in that case since you put a new one the noise should come back in about 8k miles not now and they had no response. So itís not from the transaxle itís something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to M1keAMG GT For This Useful Post:
MidlifeAMG (02-03-2019)