Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > AMG GT
Help with aftermarket wheel specs. >

Help with aftermarket wheel specs.

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with aftermarket wheel specs.

 
Old 02-06-2019, 12:45 PM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cleveland OH
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AMG GT S Edition 1
Originally Posted by ronin amg View Post
Forged OEM wheels, yes the spacers are hub centric with longer wheel bolts..
No rub..
What kind of spacers and lug bolts? I know there was a discussion on this where there was a lot of various information and even a member who had things break from using an improper spacer size.

OP: don't mean to hijack but I supposed this is wheel spec related. I like the factory design of edition 1 wheels but they could be a little more flush. I also noticed Vossen just came out with a wheel that looks very similar to the Edition 1 wheels but with a more aggressive fitment.
P Rock is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM
  #27  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 708
Thanked 215 Times in 141 Posts
2018 AMG E63s wagon 2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by P Rock View Post
What kind of spacers and lug bolts? I know there was a discussion on this where there was a lot of various information and even a member who had things break from using an improper spacer size.

OP: don't mean to hijack but I supposed this is wheel spec related. I like the factory design of edition 1 wheels but they could be a little more flush. I also noticed Vossen just came out with a wheel that looks very similar to the Edition 1 wheels but with a more aggressive fitment.
10mm H&R spacers all around and 15mm longer wheel bolts..

Last edited by ronin amg; 02-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.
ronin amg is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 PM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cleveland OH
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AMG GT S Edition 1
Originally Posted by ronin amg View Post
10mm H&R spacers all around and 10mm longer wheel bolts..
Do you know of a good source for the wheel bolts? I think our wheel bolts are a little bit different. ECS Tuning is in my backyard so maybe they have the correct ones.
P Rock is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM
  #29  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 738
Thanked 75 Times in 62 Posts
Lexus Rx350
I think I sorta figured it out with a set of spacers and some measurement. On a conservative estimate, with 5mm overhang of fender to wheel rim, I figured that the stock OEM wheel with +68ET can move over 15mm. Therefore, aggressive flush mounting makes its new Offset +53ET.

since an 11.5 Wheel is 12mm wider, I can split the difference of the center of the wheel and can move the wheel an additional 6 mm outboard. Using conventional numbers, Ill say 5mm. The max off set of the 11.5 wheel should be around +53 +5= +58ET.

With this logic, the 12 wheel should have max offset of +65ET.

Am i on track or or am I not even close? obviously Im referencing only the GTS.
thecutter64 is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:41 PM
  #30  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 1,424
Thanked 222 Times in 163 Posts
‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
Originally Posted by thecutter64 View Post
I think I sorta figured it out with a set of spacers and some measurement. On a conservative estimate, with 5mm overhang of fender to wheel rim, I figured that the stock OEM wheel with +68ET can move over 15mm. Therefore, aggressive flush mounting makes its new Offset +53ET.

since an 11.5 Wheel is 12mm wider, I can split the difference of the center of the wheel and can move the wheel an additional 6 mm outboard. Using conventional numbers, Ill say 5mm. The max off set of the 11.5 wheel should be around +53 +5= +58ET.

With this logic, the 12 wheel should have max offset of +65ET.

Am i on track or or am I not even close? obviously Im referencing only the GTS.
I am no expert on these things, but I would allow my wheel supplier, using their expertise, to recommend what size wheels/offsets, etc. to purchase. Obviously the purchaser can tell them certain parameters that theyd like such as flush to the fender; deep dish, etc. but having the manufacturer/seller assume the liability for the actual build makes huge sense to me. YMMV.

Bish
thebishman is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 PM
  #31  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 708
Thanked 215 Times in 141 Posts
2018 AMG E63s wagon 2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by P Rock View Post
Do you know of a good source for the wheel bolts? I think our wheel bolts are a little bit different. ECS Tuning is in my backyard so maybe they have the correct ones.
Any good tire shop would have an assortment of proper wheel bolts to choose from, as long as the taper is correct.
ronin amg is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 PM
  #32  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 738
Thanked 75 Times in 62 Posts
Lexus Rx350
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post


I am no expert on these things, but I would allow my wheel supplier, using their expertise, to recommend what size wheels/offsets, etc. to purchase. Obviously the purchaser can tell them certain parameters that theyd like such as flush to the fender; deep dish, etc. but having the manufacturer/seller assume the liability for the actual build makes huge sense to me. YMMV.

Bish
i just want to have a generalized ballpark. Ive gone to three different dealers and I was told three different offsets for the same wheel!
thecutter64 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to thecutter64 For This Useful Post:
thebishman (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 AM
  #33  
Super Member
 
benzbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 520
Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts
2018 GTR - 2018 C 63S
Originally Posted by thecutter64 View Post


i just want to have a generalized ballpark. I’ve gone to three different dealers and I was told three different offsets for the same wheel!
Lol - yeah. Reminds me of accountants. I hate getting several different answers on something like this. Means you have to keep digging and figure it own on your own. That's what I usually end up having to do. Looks like that's what you're doing.
benzbell is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Help with aftermarket wheel specs.


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: