Sponsored by:

Help with aftermarket wheel specs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG GT S Edition 1, Audi RS5
Originally Posted by ronin amg
Forged OEM wheels, yes the spacers are hub centric with longer wheel bolts..
No rub..
What kind of spacers and lug bolts? I know there was a discussion on this where there was a lot of various information and even a member who had things break from using an improper spacer size.

OP: don't mean to hijack but I supposed this is wheel spec related. I like the factory design of edition 1 wheels but they could be a little more flush. I also noticed Vossen just came out with a wheel that looks very similar to the Edition 1 wheels but with a more aggressive fitment.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by P Rock
What kind of spacers and lug bolts? I know there was a discussion on this where there was a lot of various information and even a member who had things break from using an improper spacer size.

OP: don't mean to hijack but I supposed this is wheel spec related. I like the factory design of edition 1 wheels but they could be a little more flush. I also noticed Vossen just came out with a wheel that looks very similar to the Edition 1 wheels but with a more aggressive fitment.
10mm H&R spacers all around and 15mm longer wheel bolts..

Last edited by ronin amg; 02-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG GT S Edition 1, Audi RS5
Originally Posted by ronin amg
10mm H&R spacers all around and 10mm longer wheel bolts..
Do you know of a good source for the wheel bolts? I think our wheel bolts are a little bit different. ECS Tuning is in my backyard so maybe they have the correct ones.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
I think I sorta figured it out with a set of spacers and some measurement. On a conservative estimate, with 5mm overhang of fender to wheel rim, I figured that the stock OEM wheel with +68ET can move over 15mm. Therefore, aggressive flush mounting makes its new Offset +53ET.

since an 11.5” Wheel is 12mm wider, I can split the difference of the center of the wheel and can move the wheel an additional 6 mm outboard. Using conventional numbers, I’ll say 5mm. The max off set of the 11.5” wheel should be around +53 +5= +58ET.

With this logic, the 12” wheel should have max offset of +65ET.

Am i on track or or am I not even close? obviously I’m referencing only the GTS.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by thecutter64
I think I sorta figured it out with a set of spacers and some measurement. On a conservative estimate, with 5mm overhang of fender to wheel rim, I figured that the stock OEM wheel with +68ET can move over 15mm. Therefore, aggressive flush mounting makes its new Offset +53ET.

since an 11.5” Wheel is 12mm wider, I can split the difference of the center of the wheel and can move the wheel an additional 6 mm outboard. Using conventional numbers, I’ll say 5mm. The max off set of the 11.5” wheel should be around +53 +5= +58ET.

With this logic, the 12” wheel should have max offset of +65ET.

Am i on track or or am I not even close? obviously I’m referencing only the GTS.
I am no expert on these things, but I would allow my wheel supplier, using their expertise, to recommend what size wheels/offsets, etc. to purchase. Obviously the purchaser can tell them certain parameters that they’d like such as flush to the fender; deep dish, etc. but having the manufacturer/seller assume the liability for the actual build makes huge sense to me. YMMV.

Bish
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by P Rock
Do you know of a good source for the wheel bolts? I think our wheel bolts are a little bit different. ECS Tuning is in my backyard so maybe they have the correct ones.
Any good tire shop would have an assortment of proper wheel bolts to choose from, as long as the taper is correct.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Originally Posted by thebishman

I am no expert on these things, but I would allow my wheel supplier, using their expertise, to recommend what size wheels/offsets, etc. to purchase. Obviously the purchaser can tell them certain parameters that they’d like such as flush to the fender; deep dish, etc. but having the manufacturer/seller assume the liability for the actual build makes huge sense to me. YMMV.

Bish
i just want to have a generalized ballpark. I’ve gone to three different dealers and I was told three different offsets for the same wheel!
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Originally Posted by thecutter64

i just want to have a generalized ballpark. I’ve gone to three different dealers and I was told three different offsets for the same wheel!
Lol - yeah. Reminds me of accountants. I hate getting several different answers on something like this. Means you have to keep digging and figure it own on your own. That's what I usually end up having to do. Looks like that's what you're doing.