MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   Any news on GTR PRO ? (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/736035-any-news-gtr-pro.html)

GTS 007 02-16-2019 02:09 AM

Any news on GTR PRO ?

Anyone has some news on GTR pro ?

Are dearlers given information on their allocations ?

Isn’t it a one year production only ?

I have a large deposit at my dealer since early December ...he does not have any news at the moment ...

Strange that the DOG was provided in December and now silence .....

Bones 02-16-2019 09:43 AM

Is it possible to post the DOG for the GTR PRO here.

Thanks

thebishman 02-16-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 7682914)
Is it possible to post the DOG for the GTR PRO here.

Thanks

https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt/73...available.html

AtTheGlen 02-16-2019 02:36 PM

SoCal Intel on the GT R PRO

Dealer close to me (largest in North America) says that they will receive 2 or 3. They will review potential buyers' specs to see if they are worthy (e.g., if buyer backs out or gets hit by a beer truck) and possibly modify them e.g., by adding Paint-To-Sample, etc. to raise the MSRP. The ordered cars will be offered to interested buyers with their commitment made based on willingness to pay a "market adjustment" to reflect demand. I was told that they already turned down one offer of $100K over.

One of their senior managers said that they charge these adjustments to reflect the market and to offset close deals and some losses on low-end cars. (Really?!) I would never buy a car there. They will likely sell their GT R PROs to people who will never post on this or the AMG forum, never attend a cars and coffee, never track their car and never attend or watch a motorsports event, but they will brag to their friends that they spent $100K+ to be the first and only on the block. The new G63s are flying out the door each with a $75K premium. All of this really hurts us enthusiasts who like to move up to the latest cars every 2 or 3 years and not take bath. I know that sounds cynical and certainly not typical of all SoCal residents, but it's a factor in car buying here deep in Orange County.

Initially, I thought it would be great to own one but pretty quickly came to the same conclusion as other forum members who commented that, for the likely increase in price over the GT R, it wasn't different enough from the GT R to warrant the extra expense. That is, unless the owner was going to spend a lot of time at the track where suspension adjustability could be desirable. The PRO seems like a placeholder until the Black Series comes along with some meaningful aero and a horsepower boost. I saw the GT R Pro at the LA Auto Show last Dec and as some noted, the new aero bits looked more "tacked on" than "designed in".

Curious to learn what are others hearing about the GT R PRO.

Gtrblack 02-16-2019 06:52 PM

I live in Canada and have been given my allocation and submitted my build sheet. Apparently they are moving up production.

GTS 007 02-17-2019 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen (Post 7683098)
Dealer close to me (largest in North America) says that they will receive 2 or 3. They will review potential buyers' specs to see if they are worthy (e.g., if buyer backs out or gets hit by a beer truck) and possibly modify them e.g., by adding Paint-To-Sample, etc. to raise the MSRP. The ordered cars will be offered to interested buyers with their commitment made based on willingness to pay a "market adjustment" to reflect demand. I was told that they already turned down one offer of $100K over.

One of their senior managers said that they charge these adjustments to reflect the market and to offset close deals and some losses on low-end cars. (Really?!) I would never buy a car there. They will likely sell their GT R PROs to people who will never post on this or the AMG forum, never attend a cars and coffee, never track their car and never attend or watch a motorsports event, but they will brag to their friends that they spent $100K+ to be the first and only on the block. The new G63s are flying out the door each with a $75K premium. All of this really hurts us enthusiasts who like to move up to the latest cars every 2 or 3 years and not take bath. I know that sounds cynical and certainly not typical of all SoCal residents, but it's a factor in car buying here deep in Orange County.

Initially, I thought it would be great to own one but pretty quickly came to the same conclusion as other forum members who commented that, for the likely increase in price over the GT R, it wasn't different enough from the GT R to warrant the extra expense. That is, unless the owner was going to spend a lot of time at the track where suspension adjustability could be desirable. The PRO seems like a placeholder until the Black Series comes along with some meaningful aero and a horsepower boost. I saw the GT R Pro at the LA Auto Show last Dec and as some noted, the new aero bits looked more "tacked on" than "designed in".

I feel the same about the Pro as war as the “tacked on” ... not to mention the round button being gone from the center console... (on very GT).

The next model after the Pro seems either un-defined or they are doing a good job not leaking anything.....

I see my succession of in the last 3 years of GTS, GTR, Pro ... as “building my resume “ to get a black series ! ...

benzbell 02-17-2019 08:42 AM

Anyone know the weight of the Pro compared to the current GTR? I'd suspect not very much difference if any at all.

JSwan724 02-17-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by benzbell (Post 7683545)
Anyone know the weight of the Pro compared to the current GTR? I'd suspect not very much difference if any at all.

The latest GTR PRO DOG lists the weight as TBD.

The Specs and Performance listed are essentially the same as the GTR. However, there have been some suspension enhancements that will be valuable if you track the car.

Regards

Vancrypto 02-17-2019 11:41 AM

edited...

thecutter64 02-17-2019 02:20 PM

Just cause they take your deposit and tell you you’re ordering a GTR pro or GTR doesnt guarantee you’re getting one. Your Dealer May not even get an allocation . I know I know. Your Dealer is the biggest Dealership in the country. They all say that.

jackzhangcong 02-17-2019 03:17 PM

I am in Canada. I put the deposit last Nov. and two days ago I got the phone call from my dealer at Toronto. He said he got the allocation for me and I will go to the dealer 19th of this month, which is next week, to talk about all the details.

WhiteBlack 02-17-2019 05:58 PM

UK is waiting for brexit to release pricing.

California John 02-17-2019 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen (Post 7683098)

Wow! Fletcher Jones Newport Beach is getting $75K "market adjustment" onG63s? And they've turned down a 100K extra on a Pro? Well I live a short distance away also and whenever I'm there I notice lots of richy-rich people from China, Iran and other countries who have brought their money and skills with them and love the SoCal weather and lifestyle - who can blame them? And many have much much more money than they can ever spend - so to drop an extra 100K above the MSRP is just fine. It is small money. The importance of a night out at a fine restaurant! None appear to be enthusiasts. I like to chat up people when I'm there and often no one has any idea even of the car they drive other than the color!🤔 Ah well, we are all very fortunate.

boltonblue 02-17-2019 09:13 PM

I have to say it would be a cold day in hell before I ever pay over factory sticker. and I'm not including stocking fees, addtl markup or any other BS to squeeze me for more money.
I don't feel that obsessed to be the first with a new toy.

AtTheGlen 02-18-2019 12:01 AM

To Vancrypto - great analysis of the GTR vs. GTR PRO decision. Makes a lot of sense.

Vancrypto 02-18-2019 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen (Post 7684080)
To Vancrypto - great analysis of the GTR vs. GTR PRO decision. Makes a lot of sense.

Thanks. I guess the other decision factor was the missing power bump for the GTR PRO. Definitely disappointing that Mercedes decided not to match the 650hp of the GT63s.

AMG 17GT 02-18-2019 09:06 AM

Well there’s always Renntech or EC for that bump.

thebishman 02-18-2019 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue (Post 7684005)
I have to say it would be a cold day in hell before I ever pay over factory sticker. and I'm not including stocking fees, addtl markup or any other BS to squeeze me for more money.
I don't feel that obsessed to be the first with a new toy.

Prospective owners just need to wait a little while after the car is available, when you'll be able to get it for MSRP. Oh, and avoid dealers that slap an ADM on a car as they are slim of the earth.

Even the ADM's on the 991.2 GT3 RS and even the GT2 RS have dropped like a rock, with recent reports on RL of being able to buy a 3 RS at MSRP, and one report of a 'stripper' 2RS being purchased off the showroom floor for MSRP also. Pity the owners who paid $50K-$100K over on a 3RS; unless they're 'flippers', in which case **** them! lol

NACHE 02-18-2019 01:49 PM

Mr.B...dead on !!!!!......MSRP..or forget it..........

canucklehead 02-19-2019 08:20 PM

I finalized my order last week for a PRO.
Canadian DOG: 35 cars coming to Canada. PRO package is 'estimated' to be $35K CAD.
Production from May-December. Dealer is trying to get a June delivery for me.

thecutter64 02-19-2019 08:38 PM

Congrats! What color did you get?

canucklehead 02-19-2019 11:34 PM

Magno Brilliant Blue

thecutter64 02-19-2019 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by canucklehead (Post 7686114)
Magno Brilliant Blue

will that have contrasting gray stripes or did you choose to delete them ?

susman@eurogermantown.com 02-20-2019 08:33 AM

i like the stripes... not sure we will get a Pro oddly... even though we sold tons of GTR's and GT's and AMG's...

NitrousVic 02-20-2019 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by benzbell (Post 7683545)

The GT R PRO is approximately 20 kg lighter compared to a standard GT R with Track Package.