Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO AMG GTS (with remanufactured motor?)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by 300blackout
Sorry guys I've been away from my PC for a few days due a busy work schedule.

The conversations have been very informative. I paid $118k for the car in September of 2016, so pricing is consistent with other CPO GTS's at the time.

Any attorneys want to take this case? 😃 I'm serious.
Yes they should have told you. Does it surprise you that they didn’t.

I’m sure you can find an attorney to take every penny you have! They’re everywhere!

car has a warranty. Drive and enjoy or sell and move on.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:24 AM

Received 660 Likes on 347 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Statute of limitations for fraud is 3 years from date of discovery. Assuming the sticker had placed you on "inquiry notice," you are still within the time to seek rescission.

Comments about costs of experts and defense counsel "bleeding" something are from barrack-room lawyers.

Where are you located and who was the dealer who sold you the vehicle? I might be interested in helping you out.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1. Within MB "technically" the VMI is a MB Internal Only Record - and Service Advisors and Sales Advisors are instructed now to release the VMI document to "civilians"

2. Each dealer service is uploaded to CarFax normally within 2 weeks of each dealer service - "how" CarFax interprets a particular MB service code is CarFax's "translation job" (like they have to do for every manufacturer's individual service codes) - unusual or not-so-common service codes can poorly translate or not translate to the CarFax

3. "Lemon Buyback" cars are NEVER put back into Mercedes franchise retail - there is a entire 2nd distribution channel for that - however if there are cars that have had service issues - and not Buyback - instead Mercedes offers that customer additional "trade assistance $" - those cars with Mercedes warranty can go back into the retail system - and "probably" that is what happened here.

4. "Fraud" - no - regardess of what these amateur warranty sleuths say - one thing I would suggest you check and snap a shot of the engine plate for engine # - and see if that # you have now matches the Engine # on the VMI... if it doesn't - then you have 1/2 of a leg to stand on - now that that amount of time has gone by - I think it will match - but you should double-check engine #/VMI right away.. if it doesn't match that's a whole new ball-game "maybe"
The following 2 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
MercAMGgts2016 (04-24-2019), thebishman (04-23-2019)