MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   Electronic crackle from speaker (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/744619-electronic-crackle-speaker.html)

550x2 05-14-2019 09:50 PM

Electronic crackle from speaker

Anyone else have an electronic crackling noise coming from any of their speakers on the upgraded audio system? It crackles even when the system is powered off or on mute. I’m thinking bad o loose fiber optic cable but if anyone has had this I’d love to know what it was so I can go in with some knowledge. I hope they don’t need to take the dash out!

ZephyrAMG 05-15-2019 01:05 AM

Hate this kinda crap. Could just be the speaker in which case they will just replace the speaker and check the wire at that time, not remove the dash...

Katie22 05-15-2019 06:35 AM

I would at least try a reset of the system. It is accessed through the screen.

California John 05-15-2019 11:06 AM

I have upgraded system. No problems. Hope they resolve right away.

BucsFan 05-15-2019 07:32 PM

I have the 2018 GTC Coupe - just passed my 1 year mark. No probs with the upgraded sound system. Sorry you have issues.

550x2 05-15-2019 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Katie22 (Post 7755828)
I would at least try a reset of the system. It is accessed through the screen.

Do you have the steps to do it? I’d love to try this before I go under the knife at the dealer!

Katie22 05-16-2019 07:11 AM

No I do not have the steps. ONE time the sound on our car went out completely but the head unit screen was working even showing the music was playing but no sound.. I did the reset and all has been well ever since.

So you would simply have to look on the main screen menus for the word reset. I think it was at the bottom of the screen............... On our S Class (it locked up one time as well) you simply held the cd eject button down for 10 seconds but this car has it on the screen......... go figure.

550x2 05-16-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Katie22 (Post 7756760)
No I do not have the steps. ONE time the sound on our car went out completely but the head unit screen was working even showing the music was playing but no sound.. I did the reset and all has been well ever since.

So you would simply have to look on the main screen menus for the word reset. I think it was at the bottom of the screen............... On our S Class (it locked up one time as well) you simply held the cd eject button down for 10 seconds but this car has it on the screen......... go figure.

Which “main screen” are you referring to? I’m lost here!

Katie22 05-16-2019 08:42 PM

The center screen.

So on center screen get get to the screen with the car in center and items on top are nav radio, phone, etc.

at bottom left of the same screen is system settings, click on that. Then rotate knob to scroll down and at bottom is reset. Click on reset.

550x2 05-21-2019 05:00 PM

Sadly, the reset did nothing to fix the problem.