AMG Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Premier Tuning Group

VCI connector to a vehicle’s DLC

Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volv
VCI connector to a vehicle’s DLC

The method used to connect the VCI connector to a vehicle’s DLC depends on the vehicle’s configuration as follows:
A vehicle equipped with an OBD II management system supplies both communication and 12V power through a standardized DLC.
A vehicle not equipped with an OBD II management system supplies communication through a DLC connection, and in some cases supplies 12V power through the cigarette lighter receptacle or a connection to the vehicle battery.
Follow the steps mentioned below to connect OBD II vehicle:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Plug the VCI connector into the vehicle’s DLC socket (It is suggested to use the OBD II extension cable to connect the VCI connector and DLC socket).
3. Choose one of the two ways to obtain power from:
A. Power adaptor: Connect one end of the included power adaptor to DC IN port of X-431 Diagun IV handset, and the other end to AC outlet.
B. Internal battery pack
For non-OBDII vehicle, proceed as follows:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Select the corresponding non-16pin connector.
3. Plug the non-16pin end of the connector into the DLC socket, then connect the other end to the OBD I adaptor, and then tighten the captive screws.
4. Connect the other end of the adaptor to the included VCI connector.
5. To supply power to OBD I adaptor from:
A. Cigarette Lighter cable(optional): Connect one end of the cigarette lighter cable to vehicle’s cigarette lighter receptacle, and the other end to the power jack of OBD I adaptor.
B. Battery Clamps Cable(optional): Connect one end of the battery clamps
cable to vehicle’s battery, and the other end to the power jack of OBD I adaptor.