Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth Puck with Two Phones

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 GL450
Bluetooth Puck with Two Phones

Hi guys. I have a GL450 in which I'm looking into buying the MHI bluetooth puck. I carry a BlackBerry Storm2 for personal and BlackBerry Bold for business. Can I switch phones with the system while driving easily?
Thanks,
George
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
It would require more time and attention away from the road than manually making calls - neither being a good option. It can be done, but it is not particularly easy. Essentially, you have to turn off one phone to break pairing, turn on the other, and pair it - either by turning off and restarting your audio system or the car itself, or re-initiating pairing via the puck.

A suggestion: If your cell service provider allows "no-answer call forwarding," set one of your phones to that feature, and forward your calls to the phone you need to have access to when driving. That way you can receive calls to either number. You would originate calls only on the phone that is paired while you are driving.

I do know that both Verizon and AT&T offer the feature. Can't speak to other companies.