Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Having Sirius Fully Integrated Into Your Mercedes By An Authorized Installer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having Sirius Fully Integrated Into Your Mercedes By An Authorized Installer

I recently purchased a '06 C280 and Sirius was not added from the factory. I asked my salesman to have the dealer integrate it into the system and found out that this was not possible. Since I drive a lot, I was a tad upset about this. I called many dealerships to confirm this, and to my displeasure, I was told by everyone, including MB Headquarters, that this was impossible.

Everyone told me the only thing that was possible was to go through a FM modulated system. This is one thing I definitely did not want to do. First of all, the sound quality is not nearly as good. Second of all, I like a clean car. I did not want any clutter at all. Anyhow, since I had no other options, I decided to have this done to my car. I called Mercedes of Pompano Beach and asked for their installer, they referred me to Mike Bowers. He use to work for mercedes as a Certified Mechanic. To my pleasure, he let me know that he had the capability to fully integrate it into my car. It is exactly as it would be as if it was installed by the factory. The steering wheel controls work with it, I mean it is awesome. He is very experienced with Mercedes, obviousely due to the fact that he was a Certified Mercedes Mechanic.

Even if you do not live nearby, I would make a trip to have this done to your car. In my opinion, it is the best upgrade that you can have done to your vehicle. Anyhow, his phone number is 954-328-1073. Tell him that Joe referred you.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Glad to hear it was taken care of. MB has a habit of shying away from such requests. We do it all the time. See for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Having Sirius Fully Integrated Into Your Mercedes By An Authorized Installer-03-clk-sirius-display.jpg  
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by ldangeli
Glad to hear it was taken care of. MB has a habit of shying away from such requests. We do it all the time. See for yourself.
in the install that mike does, you do not have the extra unit in the ash tray. it works through the command station of your vehicle. exactly the same way that it works as if it were factory installed.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
There is that unit as well. Sirius brain, integrates OEM with the radio. More expensive than the unit listed. This unit also integrates with the OEM radio. No loss of steering wheel controls. Just a seperate display.

Originally Posted by joemugen
in the install that mike does, you do not have the extra unit in the ash tray. it works through the command station of your vehicle. exactly the same way that it works as if it were factory installed.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 AM

There is that unit as well. Sirius brain, integrates OEM with the radio. More expensive than the unit listed. This unit also integrates with the OEM radio. No loss of steering wheel controls. Just a seperate display.
ahhh, very cool. how did you find someone to do this for you? also, what year and model do you own?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Sirius

There is a shop in Lebanon NJ, (near clinton, califon, bridgewater) on RT 22 that I use for all my custom and after market work on all my cars. That was a CLK500. They are doing a custom project on my ML500 now..
Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 AM

2006 R350 2001 BOXSTER S
Joe,

What did the integration cost you? parts, labor, etc.?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by qkslvr
Joe,

What did the integration cost you? parts, labor, etc.?
The total with parts, labor, etc. is $895. He uses the exact genuine mercedes parts, which comes with a 1 year warranty and he gives the labor a 1 year warranty as well. Also, just as if it were factory installed, you get a 6 month free trial period with Sirius as well. The price is a tad more expensive than having a fm modualted unit put in, but it is worth every penny. let me know how things work out for you.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
So he used his tax id / resale info to purchase the part from MB wholesale and didn't charge you their insane labor rate. Nice. Any good shop will do that for you.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
Shop in NJ...

Can you pm me w/ the Lebanon shop's name/contact info?

thx

Aceman
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM

2006 C280
Sirius from the factory: $500
Sirius installed by MBZ dealer: $1,400 (as quoted by MBZ Pompano Beach, FL)
Sirius installed in Lebanon, NJ with separate control unit: price unknown
Saving $500 by circumventing the Stealer to get Sirius done by an outside contractor with full factory integration and no separate control unit: Priceless

Now, when is Argos going to release the Bluetooth kit for the MOST based cars?

Last edited by barrykaye; 07-13-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Sirius installed in Lebanon, NJ with separate control unit: price unknown = Less than 500..

Originally Posted by barrykaye
Saving $500 by circumventing the Stealer to get Sirius done by an outside contractor with full factory integration and no separate control unit: Priceless

Old 07-15-2006, 10:29 PM

2006 E350
Aaaarggghhhh.... If I only I could find someone in Arizona who could do this

No one I have talked to is willing to touch it... Rumor has it that MB is releasing the needed wiring kits for dealers in the next few weeks, but I am sure that will be a painful price.

Mr Papa
Old 07-16-2006, 11:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Wagon
ldangeli, could you please post the info for the Lebanon, NJ installer? I live minutes away from there and they might be able to help with the audio install I've been trying to do myself. Are they the guys whos signs I've been seeing all over the local roads? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
The Store is SR Audio on Rt. 22 in lebanon. Their number is 908 437 0222. Yeah, that is their signs. They have a website www.sraudioworks.com. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by FireFox31
ldangeli, could you please post the info for the Lebanon, NJ installer? I live minutes away from there and they might be able to help with the audio install I've been trying to do myself. Are they the guys whos signs I've been seeing all over the local roads? Thanks!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:51 AM

2006 C280
Sirius installed in Lebanon, NJ with separate control unit: price unknown = Less than 500..
ldangeli, I wasn't trying to knock your system. It's very clean and had I not found my way to my shop here in So. Fla., I probably would have gone the same route. It's really just a matter of what you prefer. Knowing what I know now, having the clean interior along with use of the ashtray/coin holder is worth the extra $$$.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:01 AM

ldangeli, I wasn't trying to knock your system. It's very clean and had I not found my way to my shop here in So. Fla., I probably would have gone the same route. It's really just a matter of what you prefer. Knowing what I know now, having the clean interior along with use of the ashtray/coin holder is worth the extra $$$.
i gotta second that!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Thanks Joe:

I have an appointment with Mike on Thursday to install Sirius in my 06 E350.

They say it could not be done, but you did!

Thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Benz
Thanks Joe:

I have an appointment with Mike on Thursday to install Sirius in my 06 E350.

They say it could not be done, but you did!

Thanks
no probem, you are going to love it. works great!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:37 PM

If you can wait till late September and want hands-free Bluetooth only (no cradle), an MHI solution is on the way that is 100% integrated. The price will be right too!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 AM

2006 E350
Aarghh.... yall are gonna make me cry

Absolutely love living in AZ and wouldnt change it, but times like this do get frustrating...

Mr Papa
Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 AM

2012 CLS63
Mike Bowers is great. For South FLorida, he is our Steve at MBenzNL (until Steve ever gets here). Mike can do all kinds of mods and @ 50 % the cost of what the dealer wants.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
When the dealer says it's impossible, they need to define impossible. They should really say it's impossible for them to do it because they won't lift a finger to research the issue and find out if it can be done.

In any case, when they made the decision not to offer the satellite kit as a dealer installed option (simply to avoid putting anything in the car that might not be used, such as prewiring so they can save two cents per car or whatever) they had to say it's impossible. And, it's probably a lawyer somewhere that we can thank for this.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Maybe we are lucky here, because a technician installed a Sirius system into my salesman's C36 AMG (don't know the model year). It is also in his ashtray compartment, and he told me he is satisfied with it. I have not asked them about installing one in my 2001 E320, but I would like to have one of these.