Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Adding a Fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Adding a Fuse

Hello all,

I just installed a bluetooth car kit into my W211 and noticed that the fuse box (on the drivers side dash board) had extra spots to add items into the car. It seemed to me that I could buy an extra blank and use if for the phone kit.

So.. I went to the dealership and tried to get one. They said... "You are the first person to ever ask for that."

My question is... Does anyone know where I can get these things without buying the entire assembly as the dealer recommended?

Thanks,

Russ

Last edited by russdog; 10-04-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350
These car kits draw about 0.6A so it should be an 1A fuse. Of course I had a hard time looking for this fuse. I logon to the Littlfuse website and ordered some 1A fuse samples. It came to me from their European facilities.

When I looked for the crimped on terminals to connect the Mute line into the MOST Mute bus, the dealer couldn't help me. SAMHMBZ on these forums helped and got me the part number. Likely you will need to ask some expert to find part number for the fuse box contacts.

Another way is just to use the in line tube fuse came in the kit.