Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Dension Gateway 500 installation without CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dension Gateway 500 installation without CD changer

Ok, I have a '99 CLK 320 (w208) and I finally got the Gateway 500 from dension so i can have full quality ipod bliss. Now that it's here quicker than I expected, I want to install, but am kind of stumped.

My CLK did not come with the CD changer. The fiber optics are under the sheeting in the trunk, but are just hanging bunched with some other wires.
Behind the head unit, there is nothing connected in the fiber optic input, just a green protector.

Has anybody seen a setup like this? Is everything there somewhere that I need, or do I have to get more wiring done at the dealership?

Also, i know a big feature of the Gateway 500 is that you can keep your CD changer in the loop, but since i don't have or need one, can i just plug the Gateway 500 directly into the back of the head unit, kind of like it's own little loop?

First time tinkering with this stuff, would like some input before i start experimenting.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Your unit should have come with an installation manual. If it didn't, download it at http://support.dension.com/downloads...2007.06.25.pdf The instructions are on page 2.

Your GW500 plugs into the head unit.

You might also want the check that you have Firmware Version 2.05 for D2B as well, from the Dension Support Site.

Last edited by Skylaw; 10-17-2007 at 06:41 PM.