Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I put the telephone module in my E350 into pairing mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
How do I put the telephone module in my E350 into pairing mode?

I have a 2008 E350. How do I put the phone module in the car into pairing mode? I have the newer module that you don't have to put the phone in the cradle to use it.

Thx for any help!

Darlene
Old 08-30-2009, 12:31 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Originally Posted by stognerd
I have a 2008 E350. How do I put the phone module in the car into pairing mode? I have the newer module that you don't have to put the phone in the cradle to use it.

Thx for any help!

Darlene
In the console is the bluetooth module...press and hold the Mercedes star at the top for about 5 seconds until it blinks fairly fast (first make sure your phone is set to be discoverable in bluetooth mode)...once the little blue light begins to blink fast, your phone should register the system after a couple of seconds, at which time it will ask for the passcode, which is the numerical equivalent of MBUSA on the keypad (62872). Once you've entered that on the phone, give it a second to pair with the car (watch your COMAND screen for a confirmation at the bottom right hand corner). depending on your particular phone model, your contacts and numbers may or may not download to your car.

Good luck.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Thank you! It worked.

I have an LG Chocolate 3 phone. The problem that I have is that when I get in the car, the car and the cell phone recognize each other but don't work together. I have to disconnect the bluetooth connection and reconnect it and then the car recognizes my phone and downloads my phone book and allows me to make calls. Is this just a quirk that I am going to have to live with? That's the reason that I removed the MB Phone connection from my cell phone in the first place. I thought that if I re-paired the phone and the car that it might clear this problem up, but it didn't.

Once again, thanks for any suggestions!

Darlene