Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Repair of Hirschmann Antennas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Thumbs up Repair of Hirschmann Antennas

Repairing the Hirschmann Antennas couldn't be easier. I contacted Hirschmann via email and was sent this email reply. I ordered the repair kit, OEM antenna and cleaning pads from Gary. It was a very easy repair and Gary was a pleasure to work with.

>>Sue is no longer with us and I am helping her replacement, Lisa Moore, with some of the customer inquiries. I’m afraid that we aren’t set up to sell to individuals at this time due to sales tax issues. I would like to refer you to one of our customers that does sell to individuals, his name is Gary Guear and his company is GLG Direct. 770-781-5658

The part numbers you are looking for are:

496-750-400 Repair Kit Auta 6000 KE – IN STOCK (thank you for having that number handy)
820-902-106 Replacement mast for Auta 6000 KE – IN STOCK
820-814-001 Cleaning Tissues – IN STOCK

And then received this email from Gary.

>>Received eBay order/payment for 6000KE Gear Kit (thank you!) but, before I send it I want to check-in with you :

Ruth from Hirschmann mentioned that you might also be interested in a
mast(telescope) and lube/cleaning pack for your 6000KE

The grease is only in stock in Germany and at least 2 weeks out (personally, I dont think its even necessary, if you want to grease the tiny roller (pretty much the only thing that ever needs it) use a little white lithium grease and you'll be good to go

We stock the OEM Hirschmann Mast for $59.95 (Including 1 Lube/Cleaning Pack)and a Aftermarket Version of the same Mast for $14.95 (Including 1 Lube Cleaning Pack)

The OEM Hirschmann mast is tuned to work correctly with your antenna motor/stereo tuner and has a filament running from the second thinnest mast section to the tip of the thinnest black section that aides reception(the little silver dot you see in your existing masts tip is the end of this
filament)

The aftermarket mast relies solely on its 2 thickest metal sections for reception, there is nothing inside the masts thinnest black plastic section...these units provide reception but, maybe ony 75% of the reception the OEM Hirschmann unit provides...if you live/drive close to your radio stations (live in a city etc) the aftermarket unit at 25% of the cost of the OEM is generally fine but, if you live outside of town or take frequent country drives or you just like the idea of doing it "right" you might feel that the OEM mast is worth the additional cost

We only ever list the aftermarket version of this mast on eBay but, we only have 2 in stock and they are backordered so we dont have any ads up for them right now (no problem selling one of the two we have in stock to you)

We dont list the OEM Hirschmann units on eBay, only direct sales

We do have extra telescope lube/cleaning packs for $1 each

Let me know your thoughts and if you would like me to give you a call

Thank you for your business!

Gary

770-781-5658 (USA, GA) 9-9 EST