Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

“How To” retain the powered changer drawer with aftermarket HU in ’04 E320 …

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06_ML350; 04_E320_4M
“How To” retain the powered changer drawer with aftermarket HU in ’04 E320 …

I’m not the first one to notice that after the installation of an aftermarket unit instead the original Audio50, the powered changer compartment door aka “secret compartment” is not working any more. It seems that the original HU is controlling this function.

However, it appears that some other forum members found a way to retain this function by installing an additional switch.

Does anybody here knows what and how has to be done? Is there a step by step post about this? Does anybody have the wiring diagram for the powered changer compartment door?
Old 03-21-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 AMG
Hi there. I know this was a long time ago but did you ever figure it out?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
i rewired the whole thing to work, which is useless, i did find a pocket, or a unit without the changer from europe on ebay uk, 7 years ago
Old 04-20-2016, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
amg g 55
We do not do many of these anymore, so here you go. Remove just the thin motherboard out the an original deck. wrap it in plastic box or tape it up very well and put it above the new radio you added, leave it plugged into the old factory plug..Leave the large AGW box in trunk in tact, all it needs is hot, ground and the fibre leads, and two brown can wires, door will time out and work normal.Speaker and other wires are not needed. jumper all fiber leads or leave the old ecus in place plugged in so all fiber is intact! Have a nice day.