Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

BB Tour won't pair with MB 5878 puck (08 W211)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
rbm

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 E300 4MATIC
BB Tour won't pair with MB 5878 puck (08 W211)

Hi,

I'm a brand new MB owner; just purchased an 08 E-Class (w211) with Comand APS + NAV and bluetooth phone connectivity a week ago. The car has a silver "5878" BT puck installed. Both my wife and I have Blackberry Tour (9830) smartphones on the TELUS network. I was successfully able to pair my Tour to the BT puck and download the phonebook entries, as well as make and receive calls.

However, my wife's phone won't pair at all. It discovers and registers the MB puck but, when I enter the PIN, the COMAND display shows the phone off-hook and attempting a call. The call fails after 30 seconds and subsequently the pairing fails. I've tried different options on the phone to overcome this problem but without success. There does not appear to be any options to choose on the COMAND to affect the pairing operation.

Is this an indication that the BT puck is defective and should be replaced? We only just bought the car and the dealer's warranty is still in effect.

Thanks for helping a MB noob.