Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Confused about adding BT (2000 E320)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 E320W 4Matic
Confused about adding BT (2000 E320)

WARNING: Newbie post. Read only if you're feeling tolerant of ignorance today...

I have read so many posts and DIY's about adding BT to various W210 that I'm now entirely unable to figure out if it's even possible.

My 2000 E320 has the Comand (with nav) stereo. I've searched many places, but can't even find a puck that appears to be compatible with this model year. I've also read some DIY's that tell me what to make sure is installed, but I don't know where to look for them in my car to see what's there (PSE, etc.).

I don't want to add extra bits (like putting something in the ashtray or plugging something into the aux jack), so I'm trying to figure out whether to add BT via the phone harness or just replace the head unit entirely (getting an actually useful GPS feature at the same time).

Can someone point me to a DIY or other thread that will help me out with this? I'm very new to MB (only had mine a week), so I'm not yet used to mucking about to find part numbers in the car, etc.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL
Here: http://www.icarkits.com/products/BEEMB44