Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Can't play music from my phone on my car's speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E350
Can't play music from my phone on my car's speakers

Hello,

I have a Nokia 928 with Windows 8.1 update and a 2015 Mercedes Benz E class. I can send and receive calls and texts from my car (as well as verbally respond to texts), however I cannot stream Pandora or Xbox music from my phone. Is there something I am missing so that I can achieve this functionality? I know that I am connected since my phone rings and I gets texts.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Does your vehicle have Bluetooth Audio capability if it does than there should be no issues. I have the Nokia 1020 and use it with anything A2DP audio streaming
Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E350
Thanks for your reply, but there is an issue. Are there any special settings on your phone or car that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
when you select BT Audio on the COMAND you should have audio, if it is not there than you need to ask your dealer why there is no BT Audio in the menu. If it says no device than setup BT in the settings menu of the COMAND. Nokia should work on everything, I have had windows phones forever and have yet had a system it didn't work on.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL550 W216; S550 W221
Originally Posted by jbondox
when you select BT Audio on the COMAND you should have audio, if it is not there than you need to ask your dealer why there is no BT Audio in the menu. If it says no device than setup BT in the settings menu of the COMAND. Nokia should work on everything, I have had windows phones forever and have yet had a system it didn't work on.
After reading your post, I went to check my audio menu (2008 S550). I don't have "BT Audio" listed as an option. I have Radio AM/FM; CD; DVD; MP3; Aux; and SAT Radio. Is this an "extra" which can be added? If so, how is that accomplished? I'd love that functionality.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
not that I recall, phone was external, so BT wasn't built into your system.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I was working on a project a few years ago utilizing the parrot mki9200 and outputting the video of the screen to the comand screen in the aux video mode (you might need to recode if you don't have it) this made it a transparent install. I burnt up about 6 LCD screens figuring it out and trying to solder on to it. I don't remember what exactly and where I soldered, but derek@navtv might still have the pics. i never got around to getting the comand controller to handle the wireless remote for the parrot piece or the steering wheel controls but i am sure with the right amount of motivation it can be done

also I have been meaning to ask my daughter (9 yr old) who has an appletv if it will do bluetooth audio, so that might be an option also. appletv in the glovebox and a very cool applewatch to control it