Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

engine noise cig lighter aux w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c180 -06
engine noise cig lighter aux w203

Hello!

My first post here! Been lurking some on the DIY threads.
Well i recently bought a w203 c180k -06. I am very satisfied with my new car!

So i wired my own aux from the prewired harness, to the glovecompartment and got an extension from there to the middleconsole where i have my ciggarette lighter is located. I also bought a bluetooth/aux adapter for my phone, http://www.iclever.com/product-detai...-free-car-kit/

The provlem is, when i use the bluetooth adapter i need to have it connected to my usb adapter in the ciggarette power. With this solution i get the engine speed noise in my speakers. This also occurs if i connect phone directly into the aux AND charge it at the same time. If i have no charger connected i have no noise.

So my question is how do i tackle this problem? Should i get rc/lc filter maybe a ground loop isolator or can i simply add some ferritte cores? Since the aux cable itself has no fault i have to assume the noise is generated from the generator to the 12v+ connector. I'm sorry if i am unclear in my post

Tl;dr how do i remove my engine noise from my 12v ciggarette lighter + cable.

Cheers
// cayna
Old 11-07-2015, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c180 -06
No, nothing?
Old 11-07-2015, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
The cig lighter power is what I used to power my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. The gauge has had lots of trouble operating properly and the manufacturer (Aeroforce Technologies) thinks it is due to "noise" in that power source as well. They sent me a Power "conditioner" to smooth out the power, but I have not installed it yet. I am guessing you will need to add a filter of some sort for your power just as you suspect, but I have no idea how to build one. If the unit I got from Aeroforce works for my gauge I'll let you know. I'm sure they could sell you one.