Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

MP3 Playback Doesn't Always Remember Last Track / Position

Old 10-17-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Angry MP3 Playback Doesn't Always Remember Last Track / Position

I play MP3 music files through COMAND from a single flash drive plugged into the outlet under the console armrest. I've noticed that if I pause or mute a track and then park the car, sometimes the system remembers which song was playing and where it was stopped and continues from there when I start the car again, but other times it forgets everything and starts at the beginning of a completely different track. This does not seem to have any relationship to how long the car is shut off (i.e., it doesn't matter if it's been parked for two minutes, two hours, or two days). Any idea why this is and whether anything can be done to make it consistently return to where it left off?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
MP3

I have that same problem, I thought I had it figured out one time, but now I realize it happens at random times.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by ecmexchange
I have that same problem, I thought I had it figured out one time, but now I realize it happens at random times.
Just out of curiosity, what did you think the problem was at the time, that proved to be wrong?