Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W202 to W210 power folding mirror upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
99 C43
W202 to W210 power folding mirror upgrade

Hello,

Im going to be doing this mod, and in attempts to make a clear DIY write up, I have a couple questions, seeing if anyone can help? Yes I have spent hours looking for a cleae diy for a w202 w/o power mirrors and there are no clear diys!

First question is, can anybody tell me where [Z81/4 : circuit 58d connector sleeve frame floor] is located, At this point there is 2 Led diodes, i believe they are for the illumination on the actual switch, will this effect any operation of the switch?
Please see picture of diagram below

Folding motor diagram, same on w202 and w210 from what i have seen on the WIS, but keep in mind the w202 is considering euro version, My c43 does not have these circuits

second question, can anybody call out the part number for the connector that plugs into the Power mirror switch?
I pulled a red connector from a E430 at the scrap yard today, part number :
031 545 00 28 which is labeled in the EPC as “Roller blind switch,...i compared the connection between the picture of the power switch and the red connector and its looks like it will fit, (i dont have the switch in hand yet, getting shipped from the UK now)
please see switch and connector :

Connector off of E430 center console.

Mirror switch part number 2108202010,, this is an older switch, the newer ones come with a clear plastic coating rather than red, they are the same!

worst case i make the connection with some protective tubing over each connector and shrink them down.

Last but not least, Im going to study the turn signal diagram now, biut if anybody knows where the best tap off would be for turn signals to the mirror, please leave a suggestion as well.

thank you