Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CarPlay inopertive in my 2018 GLC250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC250 4MATIC
Post CarPlay inopertive in my 2018 GLC250

Hello everyone,

Here is the configuration of my GLC250 (July 2018) : Audio20 with Garmin Map Pilot and Pre-installation Smartphone Integration Mercedes-Benz link.
Note I did not order the car myself (leased vehicle selected on a pre-established catalog, without details on audio options).
On the car, I observe the absence of CarPlay and Android Auto under the Telephone/Internet menu. Instead, there is a unique "Mercedes Benz link" prompt.
I have two USB plugs in the central console, the second one with the specific "Smartphone integration" icon.
When I plug my iPhone, nothing happens, CarPlay does not activate. Upon selection of the "Mercedes Benz link" prompt, nothing better, simply display of "There is no Mercedes Benz link compatible device connected."
Note I made the test with 3 different iPhones and four different cables.

I made quite extensive search on Internet, but did not find much details for my exact configuration.
I checked the exact vehicle equipment with the VIN. I do have the 14U (Smartphone Integration), but no Apple CarPlay nor Android Auto...
What is the point to have "Smartphone Integration" without Apple CarPlay nor Android Auto ???
Any idea whether I could easily activate Apple CarPlay ?
Maybe by accessing the Engineering Menu? But I couldn't find a working method to access it (left push on the toggle while prompt is on Services does not work).
Anyone for help on that ?

I'm even more interested in Apple CarPlay now IOS12 will give access to third party apps, in particular Waze !

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: 2018 GLC63 Retired: 2015 S550, 2012 cls550
hit the phone button on the dash twice with the car running, thats the only way i could get airplay and carplay to show up once i scrolled. Then plug in your phone and follow all the prompts on the phone for user agreement and pairing. It will then automagically pop up every time you plug it in.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:25 AM

w205 c180
@Djaidje Did you solved your issue? My looks similar and I can't find solution as well.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:17 AM

GLC250 4MATIC
Hello
I called my Mercedes dealer.
They confirmed that the Mercedes-Benz link with the connectors are installed by default, but not the Apple CarPlay or AndroidAuto activation, which requires a specific option to be selected with the car (for GLC in France as of today, additional 400€).
I did not order my car, I couldn't select this... As i get a new car every year, I'll forget CarPlay for this one, and hope it will be activated on the next one...
Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
E43AMG
at the GLC MY2018 and MY2019 it is only possible to activate CarPlay and Android Auto in case that you car has datacard code SA154