MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Audio & Electronics (https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics-38/)
-   -   Nokia UHI and COMAND (https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/72797-nokia-uhi-comand.html)

BoSoxFan 06-17-2004 08:15 AM

An update . . .

My business partner visited a huge MB dealer in Bensheim, in between Darmstadt and Heidelberg. He talked to a knowledgeable customer service rep and senior technician and showed them his own 6310i. They understand the problem and believe that it can be done but want my VIN and motor number. They will research and get back to us. BTW, they said that Motorola is going to be replaced with Siemens. I don't know if that is just the handset or the entire system. Maybe some of you already knew that. Stay tuned . . .

scorchie 06-17-2004 09:05 AM

Originally posted by sunman
ah, but would not get the integration of the comand, steering wheel controls, voice control. Also, I changed to UHI in anticipation that newer nokia cradles would be released.... hopefullly......:rolleyes:
If you're referring to "just a 6310i kit" I must say that the regular 6310i kit does have integration with COMAND, steering wheel controls, and voice control, and has had that for years before UHI.

-s-

SUNILP 06-17-2004 01:37 PM

I thought you meant the universal Nokia kit. I also had the previous generation phone kit in my car that did all that but I wanted to be future ready so I upgraded to UHI. I wish I had a w211 to play with but I am sure Steve had tried all options regarding installing the phone in a w211. What is this new thing on mbusa that i hear. All the electronics are suppose to be installed in the car except the cradle and phone. I saw on on mbusa when you go to the option to build your own car.

Wolfman 06-17-2004 08:57 PM

Thanks Sunman & Scorchie!

Always good to hear about real-life advice! I will check on the Ericson cradle, but if its not out yet I may go for the Motorola V600.

I have used the Nokia 6310 (or was it 6210?); great and reliable but too clunky to carry in my pocket (don't like belt clips, etc).

Thanks again,

Wolfman

ToonArmy 06-17-2004 09:13 PM

Wolfman,

If you find definitive information on newer UHI cradles, do let us know. I'd like to know definitively what options are available so I can choose my best option.

Thanks,

dtkw 06-18-2004 03:26 AM

Originally posted by sunman
I understand that the motorola v600 cradle should be out but after playing with 2 v600 phones in 1 month, and both dead, I don't favor motorola at all. I prefer Nokia's and still use my 6310i phone and love it.
Really! I have been using the moto v600 for a few months and no problem with it whatsoever. In fact, it's the best phone I ever used. Not saying the Nokia 6310i is not good. In fact I have to use one in the Alpine/Nokia carkit. But the limited 1900 GSM in the phone had me using T-Mobile instead of Cingular I am using most of the time. I just hope one day they have a bluetooth device to work with the Alpine system in the future.