Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W203 Door Speaker Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
W203 Door Speaker Removal

How do I get the speakers out of the doors on a W203 C-class? I used to do all my own install work years ago and this one puzzles me. There are no screws holding the door panel on, the grills do not seem to be clipped on. I do not want to scratch or dent anything, so I pose this question to this board. If you even had a picture, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I noticed many people pull out the center speaker on the dash and replace the grill with the unit from the European Parktronic systems. How do you pull out this grill as well?

Please help,
thanks
Old 08-27-2004, 12:18 PM

2002 C32 AMG
This should help you get the door panels off in order to get to the speakers:

Door Panel Removal

Not sure about that middle one though. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:49 PM

C32
Thank you very much. That is amazing detail. I will soon have MBQuart speakers and start the long install process.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VancouverC32
Thank you very much. That is amazing detail. I will soon have MBQuart speakers and start the long install process.
You should get Focal speakers instead of MBQuart. MBQuart is kind of out-dated already.

How did your car turn out after the dealer visit???
Old 08-30-2004, 02:09 AM

C32
I definitely was treated better and I want to thank you for that. I could tell that he understood and cared. They did not find anything wrong with it, and I would guess it's the computer learning. All the other past transmission problems have mostly been fixed through the rezapping process. I still am not satisfied with the downshifting, but once again, I have not had too much time to drive it and play with it. I think I am going to concenrtate on getting some sort of system into the car slowly over the next few months.

As far as MBQuarts, I have a few sets left over from my younger days as well as Audio Control processors and ADS amps. I still have various head units, but none are modern enough, although they are acoustically great. I am waiting until the Pioneer AVIC-N1 comes down in price, as it will take me a while to figure out what I want to do install-wise.

Once again, thanks for the recommendation at the dealer, I really appreciate it.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by VancouverC32
How do I get the speakers out of the doors on a W203 C-class? I used to do all my own install work years ago and this one puzzles me. There are no screws holding the door panel on, the grills do not seem to be clipped on. I do not want to scratch or dent anything, so I pose this question to this board. If you even had a picture, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I noticed many people pull out the center speaker on the dash and replace the grill with the unit from the European Parktronic systems. How do you pull out this grill as well?

Please help,
thanks
glad you found my article useful =)

as for the center piece, just yank it straight up
Old 09-01-2004, 06:53 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by cclass320
glad you found my article useful =)

as for the center piece, just yank it straight up
That's your article?! I knew I had found it somewhere on these boards. You rock!! Thanks for all the detail on your site with all the changes. I know your descriptions and photos have helped me and will continue to help others. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Almost a Member!

awww.. shucks :p i recently switched over to a w209, so all my writeups from now will be for a w209