Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

RF modulated changer in '02 MB C230K Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RF modulated changer in '02 MB C230K Coupe

I've heard that this is a hell of a feat (especially from what I've read on a few posts here I've dug up), to get a CD Changer into an '02 MB C230K coupe. I have a Pioneer 6-disc RF modulated CD changer (I've installed it in other MB with the glovebox spot, it fits perfect and looks good), but I have to admit that this car is kicking my ***. I went back to the rear psgr side kick panel to find the factory sub and ... no antenna. I found the cell phone antenna (the coax line screwed together), and then there's another similar looking coax line that's not connected to anything, zip tied to a serial connector. I see no sign of any European/VW/anythingdistinguishableasanantennaconnection antenna wire.

The gentleman I am doing this for really doesn't want to pay a grand for a CD changer from MB, so I'm doing my best to help him out. Any pointers/suggestions you can give me on getting this thing to work? Greatly appreciated...
Old 09-25-2004, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
In the end it will sound like crap..... 01 up is a fiber optic system........ You can get a mb changer for under 500 new and a used one for less...... check out crutchfield.com
Old 09-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Almost a Member!

FYI -- I did the aftermarket changer install as he wanted, using a Pioneer CDX-FM687 6-disc changer. It fit perfect in the factory opening and it really doesn't sound bad. There's a little fuzz in the background but it's no worse than using a portable CD player with a tape adapter. He was satisfied.