Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Getting out of My GLS Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 PM
GBX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'17 GLS450
Getting out of My GLS Lease

What are my options, if any, to get out of the lease for my 2017 GLS450 with no costs to me? We love the car but, with a growing family, we would prefer something with captains chairs for easy access to the 3rd row w/ carseats installed. Our GLS450 is optioned as follows;

Selenite Grey
Pano Roof
Running Boards
Ginger Beige/Espresso Brown MB-Tex
Burl Walnut
Heater Steering Wheel
Premium 1
Manual 2nd Row Sunshades (for the little ones)
Power Easy Entry
Park Assist

Lease started 11/16 and is for 48 months and includes service. Car has 13,529mi. I'm paying $754 per month.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz C350e Hybrid
An option is to trade it in and see what your payoff is against the dealer trade in value- pay the difference and you are out- Another way is swappalease.com it's kind of a pain.

Good luck
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmw
option to trade-in the vehicle

Well, you have the option to trade-in the vehicle and avail the special promotions automakers sometimes offer to lessees who are nearing the end of their lease to get a new vehicle sooner without bearing any penalties.

If that’s not a workable solution than transferring your auto lease to another party. The lease trading websites can help you with this. Since these online marketplaces can be used to transfer the remainder of your lease to another party seeking a short-term commitment than the usual two to three years of commitment.

Lease swapping websites charge a nominal fee to list a car.
However, if you list your vehicle on a new lease trading website you can evade these charges because new platforms sometimes do not charge lessees in the beginning. This means you just have to pay trifling charges when the transfer is processed. Unless your lease payment is higher than usual.

This could be a result of a trade-off for making a lower than usual down payment or simply because you have got a bad deal at the outset. In this case, you will be required to pay some incentive money. This could be anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.

Also, you may be required to pay a transfer fee to the leasing firm along with a state license or registration fees. And mind you, the lease transfers are subject to approval by the leasing firm or automaker that originally initiated the contract.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 GLC 300
I had a friend that wanted out of his VW lease quickly, so he took it to one of those mega used car sales lots and they bought it from the lease company. It was a pretty big financial loss for him though, but he was leaving the country and it was the best option he could find because the whole swapalease thing seems to take a long time and be troublesome.