MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   B-Class (W245) (https://mbworld.org/forums/b-class-w245-75/)
-   -   Rust Proofing B250 - Krown (https://mbworld.org/forums/b-class-w245/569384-rust-proofing-b250-krown.html)

tofuddha 12-30-2014 10:32 PM

Rust Proofing B250 - Krown

Has anybody done Krown's (www.krown.ca) rust proofing on his/her car?

Part of Krown's process is to drill holes in your doors/panels/etc. so that they can inject the protectant into the inner parts of the vehicle. That's for the full package. They also have a package where they spray the protectant on the underside of the car only.

I'm not a fan of anybody drilling holes into a new car but wanted to get people's thoughts on this. I can't seem to find the warranty language on Mercedes' manual that outlines if such an action voids the car warranty.

Thanks.

Streamliner 12-31-2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by tofuddha (Post 6278832)
Has anybody done Krown's (www.krown.ca) rust proofing on his/her car?

Part of Krown's process is to drill holes in your doors/panels/etc. so that they can inject the protectant into the inner parts of the vehicle. That's for the full package. They also have a package where they spray the protectant on the underside of the car only.

I'm not a fan of anybody drilling holes into a new car but wanted to get people's thoughts on this. I can't seem to find the warranty language on Mercedes' manual that outlines if such an action voids the car warranty.

Thanks.

I had no idea that this kind of thing was even offered anymore. In the 60's & 70's there was a product called Ziebart where the drilled holes and injected the stuff. I would steer clear of all that. Are we talking about a B Class Electric here? You didn't buy it, did you? I hope you leased it. If you did, forget about any rust proofing & just give the car back at lease end.

lussda 08-11-2015 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 6279765)
I had no idea that this kind of thing was even offered anymore. In the 60's & 70's there was a product called Ziebart where the drilled holes and injected the stuff. I would steer clear of all that. Are we talking about a B Class Electric here? You didn't buy it, did you? I hope you leased it. If you did, forget about any rust proofing & just give the car back at lease end.

The OP is from Canada where the hot hatch 2015 B250 Turbo 4Matic has been available for several months now.

Agree with your comment, don't do any sort of rust proofing especially one that requires holes be drilled into your vehicle's body. MB rust proof its vehicles and they should be fine without any additional process.

Wheels00 07-22-2020 06:02 PM

I have a B 250 and was wondering the same thing. Upon talking the dealer he mentioned to definitely get the car undercoated since there is alot of salt placed on the road living in Canada. I bring it to Krown but instead of drilling holes they simply spray in all the drain holes and all the appropriate areas.