B-Class (W245) Discuss the new B-Class MPV: B200 Turbo, B200 CDI, B180 CDI, B150, B170, B200

B180 Door Key Problem

Old 11-14-2017, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B180
B180 Door Key Problem

Hi, I have an unusual problem relating to the door keys that came with my B180.
The car is a 2011 model and bought second hand through a Mercedes dealership here in Perth, unusually it came with three sets of keys. Two of these sets no longer work which has left me with only one. Obviously the batteries have been checked and all are at 100% but I changed them just in case but nothing.
Adding to this but a separate problem is that none of the manual keys work. I am looking into the manual key issue but the failure of the electronic keys has got me stumped. My last key that if had to switch too today works fine which is indicating to me that it's not the responder.
Any one have any ideas? . . . . Thank you.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:41 PM

B-180
Hello there,

I have a similar problem (got a single electronic key from the previous owner) but the solution I was told is that an electronic key (considering that it is not operative on your car) can be programmed by MB dealers. Basically, the moment you insert a wrong key, display unit shows that the key does not belong to this car. But for cars from 2013 upwards, even this provision does not apply. The only solution in such cases is that you have to get a key programmed from MB Headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. Hope this clarifies.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:42 PM

B-180
Hello there,

I have a similar problem (actually I got a single electronic key from the previous owner) but the solution I was told is that an electronic key (considering that it is not operative on your car) can be programmed by MB dealers. Basically, the moment you insert a wrong key, display unit shows that the key does not belong to this car. But for cars from 2013 upwards, even this provision does not apply. The only solution in such cases is that you have to get a key programmed from MB Headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. Hope this clarifies.