Parktronic two red lights and beep - SOLVED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 01:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Mercedes E350 Avantgarde
Parktronic two red lights and beep - SOLVED

Just thought I'd share this info it might help someone (doesn't just apply to W246 model).

My wife's 2013 model B180 has had an intermittent problem with the rear parking sensors where as soon as you would put it into reverse, two red lights show on the parktronic display and it beeps then the system turns off. This progressively got worse until it started happening everytime.

Mercedes in the workshop manual states that two red lights and NO beep is a malfunction (dirty or misaligned sensor), but two red lights WITH beep is a fault (bad sensor, wiring, control unit etc). So my wife's car had a fault.

I removed the rear bumper bar and found that where the parking sensor wiring loom connects to the car, moisture had got into the plug and corroded some of the pins (in particular, the ground wire).

I cut the plug off and directly soldered the wires to each other and now the problem is fixed!

Hope this helps someone

The following 2 users liked this post by sphell:
javicarrera (06-08-2022), Surge (12-02-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 10:57 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sphell
Just thought I'd share this info it might help someone (doesn't just apply to W246 model).

My wife's 2013 model B180 has had an intermittent problem with the rear parking sensors where as soon as you would put it into reverse, two red lights show on the parktronic display and it beeps then the system turns off. This progressively got worse until it started happening everytime.

Mercedes in the workshop manual states that two red lights and NO beep is a malfunction (dirty or misaligned sensor), but two red lights WITH beep is a fault (bad sensor, wiring, control unit etc). So my wife's car had a fault.

I removed the rear bumper bar and found that where the parking sensor wiring loom connects to the car, moisture had got into the plug and corroded some of the pins (in particular, the ground wire).

I cut the plug off and directly soldered the wires to each other and now the problem is fixed!

Hope this helps someone

Hi, were all the red lights (two in dash and two in back above rear window) lighting up and beeping and then turning off? I have that problem. Im gonna try your method of repair and see what happens. Thanks!!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:22 AM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
'gpouliniii' Did you find the same problem as the original post? I have an ML350 BT showing exact same symptoms. thanks...
Old 06-24-2021, 08:37 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Koenig1
'gpouliniii' Did you find the same problem as the original post? I have an ML350 BT showing exact same symptoms. thanks...

Yes.. I had Mercedes run a diagnostic on it and they said all of my sensors weren’t working and that it had to be the main plug like this one. I haven’t had time to fix it yet, but it sounds like corrosion gets in there and shorts it out. Mine started doing it during the winter when there was a lot of snow on the ground and they were salting the roads pretty heavy.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:06 AM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
Thank you for your quick reply...
Old 03-09-2022, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350
Please help!

Hi there,

This is the most useful thread I've found to diagnose the exact problem I seem to be having! I wondered if anyone can tell me/give me instructions on exactly where to locate this plug?

Thanks!!
Old 03-11-2022, 07:41 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Pc_89
Hi there,

This is the most useful thread I've found to diagnose the exact problem I seem to be having! I wondered if anyone can tell me/give me instructions on exactly where to locate this plug?

Thanks!!

Theres one behind the back bumper slightly to the right of center and one behind the front bumper on passenger side. kinda below the headlight. You'll need to remove the bumpers to get to them.